Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

He he worked harder defensively, especially early, like he'd read some of the criticism on here and took it on board.
I doubt it's us :)

He needs strings to the bow because him being in games and getting left alone whilst teams compress his more explosive team mates is what gets him a career and premierships IMO.

Loved the torp!
Broke the play open and Shiels was able to stroll in for an easy goal.
Showed smarts and vision, to see that we had a couple out over the back.
I know it’s an idea that has been shot down, but I really wouldn’t mind a Dal Santo-like role across HB from him.

His elite traits are vision and field kicking. That is the first time a North player has broken apart a zone and kicked a 65 metre torp since Wells one 2013 Friday night against Carlton.

I know it’s an idea that has been shot down, but I really wouldn’t mind a Dal Santo-like role across HB from him.

His elite traits are vision and field kicking. That is the first time a North player has broken apart a zone and kicked a 65 metre torp since Wells one 2013 Friday night against Carlton.
I reckon it could work too!

If he's potentially going to struggle to get midfield minutes, it's a role that gets him in the game. And we want Powelly in the game, for the reasons you said. Kicking and vision

Fisher has been decent after a slow start. But reckon Tom could have a higher ceiling in the role, if he nails it

I reckon it could work too!

If he's potentially going to struggle to get midfield minutes, it's a role that gets him in the game. And we want Powelly in the game, for the reasons you said. Kicking and vision

Fisher has been decent after a slow start. But reckon Tom could have a higher ceiling in the role, if he nails it
The differences between the two are:

Composure: Tom has much more.

Fitness: Fish has much more.

There were a few times where our guts were sliced open because Tom didn’t have the speed/fitness to close space.

The differences between the two are:

Composure: Tom has much more.

Fitness: Fish has much more.

There were a few times where our guts were sliced open because Tom didn’t have the speed/fitness to close space.
That's true!
Might be a couple of years he could make the switch full time.
But the incentive is there, for him to make the most of his next couple of pre-seasons. Get as fit as he can and watch Tom go to another level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back