Player Watch #27 Justin McInerney

Remove this Banner Ad

15SyMe20IH577779022.JPG

Justin McInerney
Sydney Swans youngster Justin McInerney is lightning-quick, an endurance machine and a clean user of the footy who’s best used on a wing or at half-back. The Northern Knights product was called up for his AFL debut against Melbourne at the SCG in Round 4, 2019, and although he wouldn’t feature at the top level again in his first year at the club, he was a stand-out in the NEAFL. McInerney is eyeing more opportunities at senior level in 2020.

Justin McInerney
DOB: 18 August 2000
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: #44, 2018 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Banyule (Vic)/Marcellin College (Vic)/Northern U18

Hopefully ok, was odd how quick he subbed out and how innocuous it was, was it bad luck? carrying something? I know nothing about PCLs though.
Considering how good he has been this season I'm really glad they subbed him so quickly. Even if it's minor and precautionary. Especially when you have a fresh Parker sitting there ready to go.

Spewing about this injury. The worry isn't just how long he's out but also what shape he's in if and when he returns. If he's right to play but not able to train properly it will show in his performances. He's one of our better players IMO so we need him fit and firing in finals.

Didn't watch the game today so didn't get much of a look at what happened, but desperately hoping it's not anything 5+ weeks. Back in a game before finals would be ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PCL injury... How long are they? Usually a while I think...

Good thing Parker and Mills are back.

Really depends on grade of the strain.

I tore my PCL last year, whilst I was back competing 5 weeks later it wasn't 100% right for a good 4-5 months (Definitely made worse as I trained and competed through it (my sport has very very limited lateral movement)).

You regain movement and sometimes stability quickly but you can lose power/ flexion, tonne of it depends on pain tolerance as well.

Good sign he wasn’t put into a knee brace and that he was walking comfortably post game.

The mechanism seemed to be when he hit the ground with a flexed knee - a classic PCL mechanism. He then tried to stand and walk and you could see his knee give way

PCLs can be anything …. a few weeks through to the best part of a full year.

Fingers crossed.

One thing we do know - the Swans injury list published on Wednesday will bear no resemblance to the true length of time on the sidelines.
2 weeks - Indefinitely

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #27 Justin McInerney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back