Autopsy Statement made Against Collingwood 27 point winners

Remove this Banner Ad

that may be so, but most of us are watching the footy, not the big screen...

Perhaps it's done differently in Melbourne? Do you got to the game and then sit watching the big screen?
Everything is different in Melbourne.
They know football. Ask Daisy.

The grounds are so much bigger in melbourne that we have to watch the screens to see what's happening on the other side of the ground, unlike the postage stamp SCG.
yoo wen GIF

Just want to point out Stephens collection of the ball in front of goal after Rampe's rundown was almost as important. Fumbled a little, could have taken it over the line as the Magpie player was closing in - he collects, over the Rowebottom - and off we go.

I reckon we might be the Thursday night if we finish 2nd and Geelong do play the Friday. But reall
Because he did about 8 clangers.
Ok, so let's drop him. Bring Wicks in to shut down Sinclair who goes on to have 35 and the Saints get up by 2 points because of it.
Honestly, some people are just never happy.
I reckon if we go on to win the flag this year, you'll still find something to complain about.

Last edited:
Just want to point out Stephens collection of the ball in front of goal after Rampe's rundown was almost as important. Fumbled a little, could have taken it over the line as the Magpie player was closing in - he collects, over the Rowebottom - and off we go.
The vision and kick to Hickey free out on the wing from Rowbottom was a beauty too.

I feel like that part of Stephens' game where he's working back to help out on the last line of defence gets underrated though and it's why I'm inclined to go easy on him for his disposal. It's not easy working the ball out in that precarious spot. And sure, it's a wingman's job to cover the ground, but few would be as willing to work back to the extent they're having to win the ball on the last line of defence as often as Stephens does.

I reckon it's worth keeping this in mind when it doesn't always produce good outcomes, such as that dump kick he did against St Kilda I think it was, that ended in a Saints shot at goal, rather than just rushing the ball through. Ideally that's a composed head like Florent or a penetrating kick like Blakey winning the ball on the last line. But it's hard to begrudge Stephens' involvement when he's going above and beyond what's required of him.

The vision and kick to Hickey free out on the wing from Rowbottom was a beauty too.

I feel like that part of Stephens' game where he's working back to help out on the last line of defence gets underrated though and it's why I'm inclined to go easy on him for his disposal. It's not easy working the ball out in that precarious spot. And sure, it's a wingman's job to cover the ground, but few would be as willing to work back to the extent they're having to win the ball on the last line of defence as often as Stephens does.

I reckon it's worth keeping this in mind when it doesn't always produce good outcomes, such as that dump kick he did against St Kilda I think it was, that ended in a Saints shot at goal, rather than just rushing the ball through. Ideally that's a composed head like Florent or a penetrating kick like Blakey winning the ball on the last line. But it's hard to begrudge Stephens' involvement when he's going above and beyond what's required of him.
I think the kick was against Fremantle. It wasn't a stupid kick-but it went out of bounds and there wasn't anyone close. A rushed behind would have been a better option, but that split-second decision -making will come with more exposure. I feel Dylan gets judged harshly. Some of his kicks are to a good spot, even to advantage, but the forwards were bettered by the defenders. He's still developing synergy with the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like the game Dyl is playing these days. Confidence builds more confidence. He's still got a way to go but it's becoming clear his best could be really very good indeed. He's playing all over the ground, getting a feel for different positions. He's got good speed and a prodigious boot. There's a lot of pressure on his spot and he's having to find his place in a well oiled machine, but he's a real contributor these days. Some of us used to worry he was a liability. I'd peek through my fingers (figuratively, not literally) when Stephens got the ball, worrying he'd mess up under pressure. Now I relax 'Nice, Stephens has the ball. He'll use it well' It's rare that he doesn't.

I don't think there's anyone left in the Swans who can't beat their man every week. Our defence is impregnable. The McCartins Bros are a human wall, Lloyd and Rampe are back to their very best, Fox and Ollie give us incredible dash in both directions, with desperation and a ton of courage, while the Lizard is a human torpedo, a line breaker who scares opposition sides with his leap, his run and his elite disposal. These defenders take ANY opposition score very personally. They're downright stingey to score against, as tight as a Scotsman's butthole at 40,000 fathoms.

Defenders do it better, baby!!!

I'm just waving my card carrying defender card and sipping a cider.

And how good was my boy Robbie?? Told you he was what we needed in the backline

View attachment 1477196
I've always had big raps on the Foxy Tasmanian. He's like a Dane Rampe understudy, all the skills but without the top billing. Serious pace, runs all day, a lovely kick, a good footy brain and he can play big or small. What's not to love? I'm surprised he stuck with the Swans for so long instead of offering his services elsewhere, but I'm glad he did.

I really like the game Dyl is playing these days. Confidence builds more confidence. He's still got a way to go but it's becoming clear his best could be really very good indeed. He's playing all over the ground, getting a feel for different positions. He's got good speed and a prodigious boot. There's a lot of pressure on his spot and he's having to find his place in a well oiled machine, but he's a real contributor these days.
I don't think there's too much pressure for his spot any more. He's playing in one of the hardest positions on the ground to make an impact and doing it well. Obviously needs to string it together a bit longer but he's been great the past month and IMO had a breakout game on the weekend. Let's hope he can continue to bring it in September.

Our backline was exceptional. Just controlled everything. Didn't bomb it out a lot, handballed until it opened up and hit a target by foot.

Is there backline in the competition that boasts the embarrassment of riches we have when it comes to disposal?

Blakey, Fox, Rampe, Florent and P McCartin are all exceptional kicks of the footy.

Statement also made against the AFL....Pies had the umps riding them like f*****g Winx and still lost every quarter.

I said we would win and win comfortably. Pies arsey run was always going to come to a shuddering halt - even with the maggots in their pocket.
I thought Paddy was going to beat that umpire who gave that ridiculous free against him into a bloodied pulp. If a mark was called then the other player infringed, but Paddy played on because he didn't hear the call, which meant he was immediately under pressure, and therefore entitled to rush it through.

How hard is it for an umpire just to admit they cocked up? They're human, aren't they?

'Yeah, sorry Paddy you're right. I'm a complete dork. I made a dog's breakfast of that call. What was I even thinking?'

Collingwood got half their goals from free kicks. That alone tells a sorry story

Fair enough, so they would have had to have glanced up at the screen at that time instead of looking at the players on the field. As I said, there are always a considerable number of brain-donors in every crowd.
Infact, it helps me to be reminded that (statistically) half of every crowd is below average intelligence. I know that's mean, but just ask Bell.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Statement made Against Collingwood 27 point winners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back