Autopsy Statement made Against Collingwood 27 point winners

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to see but picture one is Heeney and Buddy both near a contest on the centre wing

picture 2 12 seconds later Heeney has tapped the ball to Buddy for a goal--- Heeney started in defence in that play and as pointed out he said dont handball to me in the middle, so he could run forward.

Workrate, that doesn't take skill. thats effort

0555F0D8-4536-43C2-9BA9-DC040966E696.jpeg 9A0B1746-96D1-4041-8323-72FAEA70049B.jpeg

Onya Daisy - so much worse than systematically racially booing a legend of the game for his stance against racial abuse!
Looks like ex-players being paid by bookies all need to watch The Final Quarter doco as well.
Oh, and 40 years is a bit more than 'new to this'.

Personally I'd rather all booing saved only for umpires and turncoats when they play there first few games against their previous team.
I think for Vic media it is okay to boo a player for being black and proud if they are from ‘interstate’. Of course they don’t say it is okay, they can’t say that out loud, so they say it is a ‘complex situation’ and they can’t be sure if the booing is because everyone in the crowd booing is racist. However, it goes without saying that it is never okay for an ‘interstate’ fan to boo a player wearing black and white, even when they cheat and are a repeat offender (notice the indignation for the booing only started after we booed the cheat?).

Honestly, it feels like layer upon layer of discrimination with no sense of irony from Vic media. Boo a black player who won’t stay in the box you ‘give’ him. Go after the same ‘interstate’ side (might as well call us illegal immigrants) when we start out competing them on and off the field and show up the lazy poory run clubs in Victoria that have pissed away all their advantages. Then go after the ‘interstate’ fans for booing a cheat for cheating, and acting like it was worse than booing a black player for being unapologetically black.

It’s clear as day that they feel judged (and rightly so) for the Adam Goodes booing and are grabbing onto this opportunity to save some face. They can’t stand that we do AFL better than they do with a culture better than they have. While their behaviour pisses me off, it is some compensation to know that they act the way they do because deep down they feel minuscule standing next to the mighty bloods.

Hard to see but picture one is Heeney and Buddy both near a contest on the centre wing

picture 2 12 seconds later Heeney has tapped the ball to Buddy for a goal--- Heeney started in defence in that play and as pointed out he said dont handball to me in the middle, so he could run forward.

Workrate, that doesn't take skill. thats effort

View attachment 1478903View attachment 1478904
That's heeney in the middle of the pack next to Clarke in pic 1? If so, he came from a long way back, and outworks everybody around him. His closing speed as the ball was coming in was insane, the two Collingwood defenders looked stationary in comparison.

That's heeney in the middle of the pack next to Clarke in pic 1? If so, he came from a long way back, and outworks everybody around him. His closing speed as the ball was coming in was insane, the two Collingwood defenders looked stationary in comparison.

yep thats him and he gets to the goal square and outworks his opponent

If i had more skills id show where he started before pic 1

Even just the knowing the play, to run off ahead too,

I think for Vic media it is okay to boo a player for being black and proud if they are from ‘interstate’. Of course they don’t say it is okay, they can’t say that out loud, so they say it is a ‘complex situation’ and they can’t be sure if the booing is because everyone in the crowd booing is racist. However, it goes without saying that it is never okay for an ‘interstate’ fan to boo a player wearing black and white, even when they cheat and are a repeat offender (notice the indignation for the booing only started after we booed the cheat?).

Honestly, it feels like layer upon layer of discrimination with no sense of irony from Vic media. Boo a black player who won’t stay in the box you ‘give’ him. Go after the same ‘interstate’ side (might as well call us illegal immigrants) when we start out competing them on and off the field and show up the lazy poory run clubs in Victoria that have pissed away all their advantages. Then go after the ‘interstate’ fans for booing a cheat for cheating, and acting like it was worse than booing a black player for being unapologetically black.

It’s clear as day that they feel judged (and rightly so) for the Adam Goodes booing and are grabbing onto this opportunity to save some face. They can’t stand that we do AFL better than they do with a culture better than they have. While their behaviour pisses me off, it is some compensation to know that they act the way they do because deep down they feel minuscule standing next to the mighty bloods.
There's a reason why Goodsie turned his back in the AFL, the hypocrisy, the double standards and systemic racism. It was all laid out to bare for everyone to see during the Goodes booing saga, and it made those in the media very uncomfortable to have the mirror pointed to their faces.

And the fact that he anticipated the play and had the sense of mind to direct his teammate knowing he was exposing the pies defence. What a jet!

You're forgetting why he is in the side. If he totally nullifies the oppositions best running half back as he has done in all of his matches, I'm more than happy for him to butcher a few handballs. If you go through the entirety of today's game, we butchered the ball by foot on at least 30 times. Kicked it straight to Collingwood players, kicked it OOTF and missed simple shots at goal.
Why are you not criticising these?
Because he did about 8 clangers.

I reckon we might be the Thursday night if we finish 2nd and Geelong do play the Friday. But really who knows until it’s confirmed
Reckon Thursday night is a moral to be an elimination final in Perth of Brisbane. This year proved Melbourne doesn't get around Thursday night crowds, but Brisbane and Perth do. Well Perth would.

We won't play Thursday night as we haven't had one at all this season so I don't reckon AFL will be keen to gamble it. Reckon we scream Saturday twilight. Book end the first week with elimination finals.

Reckon Thursday night is a moral to be an elimination final in Perth of Brisbane. This year proved Melbourne doesn't get around Thursday night crowds, but Brisbane and Perth do. Well Perth would.

We won't play Thursday night as we haven't had one at all this season so I don't reckon AFL will be keen to gamble it. Reckon we scream Saturday twilight. Book end the first week with elimination finals.
I reckon the MCG with Richmond will be Thursday.

There's a twitter post earlier in the thread which shows the entire run of play for that goal.

Didn't we play the Bulldogs on a Thursday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SCG crowd :heart:
FaO6NoRaAAADQPa

Last edited:

I looked more into it and I reckon you’re spot on mate. If Freo come 5th they’ll almost certainly get the Thursday night game.

Another reason why we wouldn’t get Thursday night is then the loser of our game would get an extra two days break over the week two opponent (assuming Geel play Fri night).

3:29 from almost the backline Stephens kicks

The Great Wall of Sydney

“Grandad, where is the biggest wall in the world?”.

Mmmm
Have a seat son.
Some say it’s in China … but let me tell you the story of the Great Wall of Sydney.

That’s got to be up there with one of the best non-final highlights of all time at the SCG.

That was electric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty bloody good stuff.

For me, the gold standard is the passage of play that led to Mickey O’s goal against West Coast and subsequent friendly chat with some of their fans.

Pretty bloody good stuff.

For me, the gold standard is the passage of play that led to Mickey O’s goal against West Coast and subsequent friendly chat with some of their fans.
Those fans tho …
They went from warriors to mamma’s boys then back to warriors, all in the space of a moment.

Those fans tho …
They went from warriors to mamma’s boys then back to warriors, all in the space of a moment.
Reminds me of the time Adam Goodes celebrated an indigenous round goal throwing an imaginary spear and half the Victorian AFL community went down with an attack of the vapours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Statement made Against Collingwood 27 point winners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back