Player Watch #28 Kane McAuliffe -Signed Until 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he fast? Othwrwise another taranto/hopper we cant play them together
5th fastest over 20m in the draft. But he is not a runner, very inside and very strong, but he does have a nice bit of zip over a short distance and a very nice left peg. Have we had a left footed midfielders since Knighter?

Well neither Mr. Tivendale or Grigg is not exactly what I had in mind, although Grigg was pretty decent as a mid. Let's raise the bar, when was the last gun left footed mid. Knighter, Lambert, Rioli senior....
Debuting the best young midfielder the club has drafted since Martin and Cotchin. Could well be the steal of the draft. Was prepared to say that before his VFL debut. Big expectations here.

Can’t remember being more excited about a debutant in years. Maybe Jack Graham in 2017 was the last guy I thought would come in and make an immediate impact like I expect Kane to. Can’t wait to see him smash it in his home state tomorrow

I'm tempering my expectations. He is very hard around the ball, but the speed and spread of AFL midfields is so much faster and cleaner than VFL that I'm not sure his running game is up to it yet.

But I think his hardness at the ball will be much the same. I think he got 4 frees last week from going in first and hardest. He'll do a lot of work defensively which won't hurt at all with Hopper out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one of the best and worst things about mcauliffe is he knows how to play for a free kick

it's cringe to watch but he might be the saviour of our free kick count deficit
He does go in head down and tail up so you get free kicks like that, as it should be. The man going the ball gets very little from the umps these days, they would much rather play holding the ball than in the back.

Is it just me or does he look a bit like Patrick Cripps in the face?

His father had a stint at Port Adelaide before a successful career in the SGFL. Won multiple league awards and is largely regarded one of greats of his time. Outstanding footy brain, coached the a grade and club president.

His uncle was a solid a grade footballer Central as well. My old man has told me both of his grandfathers were outstanding footballers.

Finally his mother, was a star a grade netballer.

It makes no sense that the Crows didn’t draft him. He even trained with them. Fingers crossed he gives the crows fans another reason to hate us for the next decade!

Is it just me or does he look a bit like Patrick Cripps in the face?
Nah he has the same face and crazy 100 yard stare as psycho Elon Musk.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah he has the same face and crazy 100 yard stare as psycho Elon Musk.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This will really bake your noodle, if you take the letters from "kane mcauliffe" drop a few of them and substitute in an 'o' and and 's'.

You get Elon Musk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #28 Kane McAuliffe -Signed Until 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Back