Preview 2nd Elimination Final: North Melbourne vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 6th of September, 7.15PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely imperative that we play our best structure, which is 3 key defenders, Ambrose and 3 out of Ryder/Bellchambers/Daniher/Carlisle forward. Right now I'm thinking:

In: Myers, Carlisle/Steinberg, Monfries Melksham/Aylett
Out: Fantasia, Baguley, Howlett

I'm thinking Melksham to tag Atley off HB. Shut down him and Wells, their run and carry dries up a lot.

No matter who else is fit, can't play all three of Paddy / JD / TBC. Not mobile enough. Doesn't work and never has.

No matter who else is fit, can't play all three of Paddy / JD / TBC. Not mobile enough. Doesn't work and never has.
Really? Because statistically we've been better offensively with all 3.

Agreed - enough of the 'TBC is a forward' rubbish.
Brock McLean was quicker than him today

In: Myers
Out: Fantasia

Notes:
If Carlisle is fit Belly goes out.
If Bags eye socket is out then one of either Steinberg/Ashby/Fantasia/Melksham comes in.
Howlett on thin ice. He needs to be more attacking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty predictable..

For the record:
We have played 7 games @ the MCG this year for 3 wins, 3 losses and a draw. We have played 13 night games for 7 wins and 6 losses.

North have played 2 games @ the MCG this year for 1 win and 1 loss. Roos have played 10 nights games for 4 wins and 6 losses.

Well there are no excuses now.. there can be no talk of resting, or saving energy or 'managing' the load.. it needs to be full throttle for the whole game. A round 1 style demolition. Leave nothing in the tank.

On the plus side, unlike last two trips to the promised land.. we don't have an injury list a mile long. Still only Fletcher out from best 22, Myers likely to be in. Carlisle and Bag's are both unknown at this stage.

Either way we are likely to have 20 of our 'best' players out there next weekend.. and I expect our result to match that fact. No more worry about ASADA crap or court case or Hird/Bomber.. just a maniac obsession to win the next contest and make this club stand for greatness once again.

I want to be able to look back at this moment in ten years time and think "that is where it all started". No, we may not win the flag this year, but I want this to be the start of our next great era.

I love the thought of a 7:15 kick off.. just makes it that tiny bit more family friendly. especially as you have to factor in the national anthem etc etc.

I'm not on the drop Howlett bandwagon. What I want, is Buckets back, probably at the expense of Bellch I suspect, and for Jobe and Heppell to spend most of the game in the centre. I understand we've been nursing them back, but now would be a good time to go back to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back