Game Day 2nd Preliminary Final VFL. Collingwood v Footscray (2.40pm see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

71764673.jpg

Did Tapping play particularly badly today? What position did he play?

It is his job to get his players up for a shot at a Grand Final........he failed abysmally.

Anymore smartarse questions?

Great work MagpieBat your efforts are appreciated mate. :thumbsu:

Wow, didnt the arse just fall out of that side.
Really, no excuses for losing by that much. Sounds like we turned up our toes when we knew we couldnt win in that last qtr.
End of another wasted year

Not sure you'd want to look at every season where we don't win a GF as a year wasted. It's very hard to win one. Hence the best teams only having 15-16 over the life of their clubs.
Makes for a pretty dismal outlook if you can't deal with not winning the flag every year.

Full Time.

Collingwood 9.8.62
Footscray 27.19.181

GOALS - Howe 2, Gault, Borthwick, Collopy, Phillips, Hellier, Crocker, Oxley

And so falls the House of Tapping.

Over to you... :'(

Amazing that 243 points was scored on that quagmire today :eek:

Appreciate all the effort you've put in during the year MagpieBat - love your work!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well they had a good season in the VFL
We got touched up today by a better side, cast aside our injuries
It was a gallant season for the Pies
C ya all at Vic Park next year
Go pies
Bye Witts

It certainly will care more than those who left at half time.

Go away for a while and calm down. Interesting trade period coming up. Save your spleen for that...

Good Happly have a rest as I getting bit sick of Footy and Footy Boards lately

Not sure you'd want to look at every season where we don't win a GF as a year wasted. It's very hard to win one. Hence the best teams only having 15-16 over the life of their clubs.
Makes for a pretty dismal outlook if you can't deal with not winning the flag every year.

Where did i mention grand final?
As a whole, this club has underachieved yet again.
Right or wrong?

Ouch. Been away for a while, just saw this result and how the senior season finished. We'll do better next time. Missed you all by the way

Where did i mention grand final?
As a whole, this club has underachieved yet again.
Right or wrong?

You said after that loss that it was a wasted season. So making a prelim is a waste? Be prepared to be disappointed a lot in the future. I assure you we wont make a prelim a lot more than we will.

It certainly will care more than those who left at half time.

Go away for a while and calm down. Interesting trade period coming up. Save your spleen for that...
Cheers for your work this year. I didn't mean anything personal today and didn't know you had personally made up the list of available AFL players - I just figured it came from the club. I still reckon Sier was a waste of a pick, but that has nothing to do with the hard work you put in to keep us up to date on the VFL. Apologies if I offended you in any way. :)

Firstly huge thanks to MagpieBat
Just brilliant input every week, keeping us all up to date.

Second, regardless of a dissapointing result, it is the reserves. It's all designed with a look to the future and depth for our main team.
So (not) surprised that some get hives because, boo hoo, the result is not what they want.
Seems like just another excuse to bash someone or the club etc. not sure what's gains by that?
It is after all only reserves football.

Good luck to a more successful 2017.
The future belongs to those that prepare for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2nd Preliminary Final VFL. Collingwood v Footscray (2.40pm see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back