Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

That's just stupid.

The greatest player in the history of South Melbourne/Sydney played in ONE final...that's one of your former teams Healy.

FFS.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Indeed, Bobby Skilton played for Victoria 25 times and was captain in 1963 and 1965. According to Healy's logic, he shouldn't have ever made the squad.

Is he the only player in the AFL blue in every catagory?
I believe so.

im GIF

To be honest. I think what Healy was trying to say before he got cut off, was Nick has got his stats in a team that won a premiership. Sheezel is doing it in a team that's consistently being obliterated
I think you are right, but in fairness Healy is generally such a negative prick about us that it’s hard to believe anything positive coming out of his mouth.

They couldn't possibly.

I've been going to games since 1978 and barely seen anything like it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Likewise, have seen all the greats of the last 50 years and can’t think of anyone from any club who does everything to the level Harry does. There is zero chance the recruiters knew what they were getting.

I see some still think Ashcroft is better - OMFG

Said it a few times on here before he was drafted that he possessed the best footy IQ of any junior I'd seen. My comparison was a more forward-oriented Pendlebury.

If you asked me when he would achieve that level, I would have said when he was 27, not in his first or second season.

Ridiculously good. Stupidly underrated. I legitimately think he's a top 5 player in the competition right now.

To be honest.

This is already probably way higher than I thought his ceiling was pre-draft.

He was a Robbie Gray type for me that probably transitions into a fuller time mid role in his mid 20’s.

Not a second coming of Pendlebury mixed in with a bit of Stevie J
Good comparison.

Watched him take a few hundred shots at goal at training and I've legitimately never seen him miss. It's actually ridiculous.

If he can manage checks notes being elite in every single category for another 2-3 seasons they might be able to find a spot for him on the bench of the second AA squad.
Yeah just goes to show how rigged the league is..

Someone needs to send/tweet that screenshot to Kingy and tell him to bring it up on every radio and tv show he’s on.

Especially the shows he’s on with the so-called AA ‘selectors’.

Faarkin flogs..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who gives a shit about AA. Can add Brownlows to that as well. Book mark this… Harry will lift the cup with Clarko within the next 5 years..
I couldn't give two shits about the AA but it doesn't mean I won't point out the rank incompetence they display regularly.

Was a play in the 3rd? Centre bounce, fumbled it and shaped to kick off the ground, couple of suns players reacted to it, maybe eased up preasure wise, last second Harry changes his mind, takes in cleanly and cuts back between them.

Kid is a freak
That was insane.

Its at the point where Harry and LDU just need to share it between eachother.
Dont kick it to Jy or Scott or Tucker. Just share it amongst yourselves.

And Kerch. Him too.

This is what won us the game.

When he pulled off that handball in the third quarter, the stadium gasped for breath. It's such an honour to watch this Champion play for our Club.

Him, Georgie and Kerch are going to be my Generations version of Blight, Grieg, Carey.

Hopefully Zane can breakout too.

Just incredible.

His hands are the best I’ve ever seen.

The way he plays is like a magic trick, you have to watch and rewatch to even start to understand what he is really doing out there.

The way he is playing is what I thought we might get as a ceiling if we were lucky in like 2030 or something. And he is pretty much giving us this week to week in a bottom side as a 19 year old.

Now I’m thinking we’ll see 35 plus touches and multiple goal performances one day when we start thrashing sides and perhaps that won’t be so unusual. He is that good.

HArd to compare the two, but GAS is the most naturally talented footballer I have seen. He could do absolutely anything on the football field. I think Carey was a better player because he was nearly as talented but smarter and vastly superior as a team player and leader.

Harry is insanely talented with off-the-charts footy IQ. After watching the Pies play last night, I am convinced Pendleberry is the best comparison to Harry. Harry is much more of an offensive threat than Pendles has been though.

I agree about GAS. Each game was a highlights reel.

I say it all the time, but Sheezel is our Burgoyne. If they hadn't call Burgoyne Silk, they would be calling Sheezel Silk.

He will just go where he is needed to win the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back