Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah not perfect, bloke was robbed
Kane Cornes got his way

They could have placed sheez hbf, hff, mids, bench

His year on every line was incredible in a shit team

Yet we have the likes of waterman make the team

Luke Ryan making the team when he just seagulls. Put sheez hbf over him

Warner never player forward yet got half forward flank

Pop Tv Questions GIF by Schitt's Creek

What a load of bullsh#t that was. Bad luck Harry, you deserved to be there

I've always said that North players pay a relevancy tax when it comes to individual awards like these.

Can't ignore our team's performance too. If you look at the AA team its all players from teams in the finals with the exception of McGovern & Waterman.

I'm now thinking a player of this level, captaincy is the best type of physical and mental development that he can receive - anything else is actually probably holding him back from fulfilling his potential faster. Harry is the exception to the rule.

He already seems to be the 'face' of the club, taking on way more media responsibilities than LMac and Simpkin. He'll probably feature way more heavily in terms of marketing both for the club and the league as a whole. This doesn't seem to affect him at all, I certainly don't see a negative impact on the field - in fact, quite the opposite.

On-field, he is already the leader, just through leading by example, but also because he is becoming the system that every player wants to look for, because when the ball is in his hands, there is a far higher probability something good will happen, and so that lifts the entire team.

Teammates already acknowledge that he sets the standard in training and professionalism. I know humility is a strong suite of his, but how long can he take instructions from any other player that just isn't on his level in terms of work ethic, IQ, etc? The team is exceptionally young too, so relatively speaking, Harry in his 3rd year is becoming a senior team member already. The few that are more senior than him should have the awareness that it's Harry's time already.
Yeah to some extent I agree but we will be throwing a 19 year old kid into the hottest of hot seats, we're THE worst club's 5 year span in AFL history.

Not even Jack Grimes and Jack Trengrove had an absolute shit-fest that big to overcome when they took the gig on and look what it did to those young blokes.. and… they shared the load between them for crying out loud.

The constant criticism of the club from the media and supporters, extra appointments outside the club, on top of his current commitments and his extra trainings it could destroy our great white hope before it starts.

I would give Jy the stand alone captaincy for another 12 months Sheez and Larkey (vc’s) and review it at the end of 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if he kicks 2 goals a game averaging 25, he won’t make the team in 25. Not when the likes of shit stain Cornes are laughing in social media about Sheezel making the team, then helping select the team with a bunch or reactionary, one-eyed ex-players as the judges.

Why the f*ck aren’t the judges changed each year? At this stage having Hoyne use his champion data formulas would give us a more accurate read of the best 22 players in each position.

Yeah to some extent I agree but we will be throwing a 19 year old kid into the hottest of hot seats, we're THE worst club's 5 year span in AFL history.

Not even Jack Grimes and Jack Trengrove had an absolute shit-fest that big to overcome when they took the gig on and look what it did to those young blokes.. and… they shared the load between them for crying out loud.

The constant criticism of the club from the media and supporters, extra appointments outside the club, on top of his current commitments and his extra trainings it could destroy our great white hope before it starts.

I would give Jy the stand alone captaincy for another 12 months Sheez and Larkey (vc’s) and review it at the end of 2025.
Everything logical says no, give him another year or 2. But then I come back to the fact that Harry is no normal 19yo...

It's all moot anyway. Clarko has said he won't be captain yet.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Kane Cornes got his way

They could have placed sheez hbf, hff, mids, bench

His year on every line was incredible in a shit team

Yet we have the likes of waterman make the team

Luke Ryan making the team when he just seagulls. Put sheez hbf over him

Warner never player forward yet got half forward flank
Not only Cornes and Buckley too both have hatred for our club.

His first two seasons have been on the Bont career trajectory (AFLPA best first year, AFLCA best young player), but without the players around him Bont had to help him. Bont's third season he was bnf in a premiership team. Sheezus will have to do a hell of a lot more heavy lifting to do that, but that's how good he has been.

Put current age Sheezel in the situations Bont was able to be in at the same age and we'd be talking about him the same way media flogs rave about bont.

Imagine though if AA was supposed to be about individual performances throughout the year and not where your team finished.... Oh wait.

West Coast constantly getting AA players when they suck is evidence that it has nothing to do with ladder position.

Hayden Young stiff as well but tough to take someone out I guess.
I love youngy and we unlocked his goalkicking midway through the year, if he carries that on next year then he will be in but not this year

Sheezgod was the clear robbery this season, he's elite wherever you put him

I love youngy and we unlocked his goalkicking midway through the year, if he carries that on next year then he will be in but not this year

Sheezgod was the clear robbery this season, he's elite wherever you put him
Saw the ground young covers at the freo port game and was genuinely impressed, even more so when it was revealed he was playing injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back