Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a 19 year old in the leadership group of an AFL club, who interviews extremely well.

I don't see what you're getting at here. You might be misunderstanding intelligence for autism.
High functioning autistic people are often highly intelligent and highly competent.

Probably lucky they had excellent support as kids as well.

He's a 19 year old in the leadership group of an AFL club, who interviews extremely well.

I don't see what you're getting at here. You might be misunderstanding intelligence for autism.
Quite the opposite. Autistic people can still be intelligent and speak well, particularly if they receive quality care and education when they're young (which Sheezel clearly did). It's got a really wide spectrum of outcomes. It seems to me that you are misunderstanding autism for a lack of ability.

Thought he had a down game even though that he led us in disposals. Still managed to get two goal assists in the rubble that was our delivery inside 50.
Might be a little bit of kryptonite in the scg soil, he was pretty devastated when he coughed up that kick late. But with the way sheez carries himself will use it as motivation.

Might be a little bit of kryptonite in the scg soil, he was pretty devastated when he coughed up that kick late. But with the way sheez carries himself will use it as motivation.

Thought he looked the most devastated after the game too. He’ll be back next week for sure

As someone who's 99.9% certain I'm on the spectrum, I can usually pick it.
Haven't really noticed anything from Harry that would make me think he'd be on the spectrum. Unlike Steve Smith and Marnus, who undoubtedly are.

But then again I have no formal training, so others may see it.

Not sure why there’s a need to discuss whether someone might be on the spectrum or not

Bit odd imo but anywho
There's a trend at the moment for people to casually diagnose themselves as autistic or go around saying that other people are for minor behavioural quirks.

Maybe it's a pet peeve, but I just don't like when people speculate that other people have serious developmental disorders, based on nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone who's 99.9% certain I'm on the spectrum, I can usually pick it.
Haven't really noticed anything from Harry that would make me think he'd be on the spectrum. Unlike Steve Smith and Marnus, who undoubtedly are.

But then again I have no formal training, so others may see it.

Steve Smith might be, Marnus is a copycat.

“Harry’s World” is live on SEN today after 2pm EST.

Dwayne; " Harry, we have Hojuman on the line, welcome to Dwayne's World Hojuman, where if you call, you get on ! Go ahead, you're talking to Harry, "
" Harry, can you punch Dwayne in the face for me ? Thanks " !

Dwayne; " Harry, we have Hojuman on the line, welcome to Dwayne's World Hojuman, where if you call, you get on ! Go ahead, you're talking to Harry, "
" Harry, can you punch Dwayne in the face for me ? Thanks " !
I'm not going to listen to the segment for fear that this isn't an accurate transcript from said segment.

Disclaimer;

" Hojuman in no way condones violence against former Port Adelaide & Geelong hack footballers "
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back