AFL Player #30: Nate Caddy - The Best Caddy since Steve Williams - 6/7

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't like the media hyping him up yesterday because it can have a counter effect on younger players where they don't work as hard. Yes with some kids you can see it early, but it's best to pump the brakes also if there's a club that can screw one's development, it's us.

I didn't like the media hyping him up yesterday because it can have a counter effect on younger players where they don't work as hard. Yes with some kids you can see it early, but it's best to pump the brakes also if there's a club that can screw one's development, it's us.
Schitts Creek Party GIF by CBC

I reckon he’ll thrive on the hype.

As long as he does the work, I hope to see swagger and arrogance. All the best centre half forwards have it.

Nice to see he and Jones combined a couple of times which resulted in goals. To be honest he fits right into our forward line. He worked up the ground a couple of times too and looks very advanced for a young key forward at his age at this level.

honestly i love how he looks on the ground. kicked 1.3 on darcy moore but easily could've kicked 3. very athletic. very crafty.

what a player

Am keen to see how he manages to keep himself involved when we aren’t controlling the territory and delivery dries up. He strikes me as a player who can will himself into the contest and impose himself when needed. The contested mark up on the wing when we were pushing our team defence into Collingwood’s half is a good indicator of his game sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am keen to see how he manages to keep himself involved when we aren’t controlling the territory and delivery dries up. He strikes me as a player who can will himself into the contest and impose himself when needed. The contested mark up on the wing when we were pushing our team defence into Collingwood’s half is a good indicator of his game sense.
he provided solid leads up the ground in patches on friday. in contrast with 2MP, he’s got reasonable leg speed as shown by some of his defensive efforts both inside 50 and up the ground.

i’m no draft whiz but it boggles the mind how he fell to us.

How did he not get the RS nom?

Darcy Jones has been pretty good, they are at the body of work phase of the year. He was pretty electric against Carlton.
If he keeps playing he should get a nomination pretty soon, the media are pretty hyped for him

Couple of things that are highlighted in this clip.

- His workrate for a young KPP is very good, the ball goes to ground and he keeps involved in the contest and he's always pushing to get into a better position or provide pressure/support

- his kicking inside 50 was fantastic. Every kick was to the advantage of our forward

- standing under that pack at the end and pulling down the mark. Chefs kiss

He's obviously meant for the AFL. Downside of being a first year player is the tank; he was seriously gassed by the 3rd quarter. A couple of preseasons of running and gym work and the optimised version will be a beast.

Hopefully what we're getting to see by then are plenty of Tsatas to Caddys.

He's obviously meant for the AFL. Downside of being a first year player is the tank; he was seriously gassed by the 3rd quarter. A couple of preseasons of running and gym work and the optimised version will be a beast.

Hopefully what we're getting to see by then are plenty of Tsatas to Caddys.

The only way we see this is if the intention of the kick was Tsatas to Jones.

Can't win eh? Fans are too excited about Caddy, too gloomy about Tsatas.

We need a board of nihilists.
Easy one to answer. Most people didn't want Tsatas because they bought the Phillipou hype. Most wanted Caddy because they bought the Caddy hype. Confirmation bias.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back