AFL Player #30: Nate Caddy - The Best Caddy since Steve Williams - 6/7

Remove this Banner Ad

There are shit kicks and then there are players with flaws in their action.
Anyway Caddy does not have a flaw in his action so we do not have to discuss it in this thread :)
Interestingly the club just posted a video on FB of a goalkicking challenge between Caddy and Langford, and Caddy shanks a few more than I'd like to see off the side of his boot on some pretty regulation shots

Interestingly the club just posted a video on FB of a goalkicking challenge between Caddy and Langford, and Caddy shanks a few more than I'd like to see off the side of his boot on some pretty regulation shots
Yeah I was surprised they posted that :tearsofjoy:seemed to be all on the left side of goal, opposite to stringer who always shanks when he's right side of goal

Most of the best mids in the game over the past 20 years are shit kicks. The exceptions being Ablett and Bont. Fyfe, Martin, Judd, Danger are all very poor kicks. It's not the be all and end all. Tsatas hasn't had a full pre season yet. He's still a teenager and working on his flaws.
all of the players you've named are capable of drilling the ball 50+. doesn't matter if they miss a target, the point is they the ball there very quickly. their kicking actions are clearly good. tsatas's is clearly not (he can't kick it more than 30).

it's also irrelavant to tsatas because he has demonstrated none of the inside power game that made fyfe and judd such guns without kicking. also dangerfield is one of the most explosive athletes the game has seen.

why do people keep inserting all these amazing players into the tsatas thread lol? at this stage wouldnt we be happy if he worked out to be err, i dunno, a skinny shiel?

all of the players you've named are capable of drilling the ball 50+. doesn't matter if they miss a target, the point is they the ball there very quickly. their kicking actions are clearly good. tsatas's is clearly not (he can't kick it more than 30).

it's also irrelavant to tsatas because he has demonstrated none of the inside power game that made fyfe and judd such guns without kicking. also dangerfield is one of the most explosive athletes the game has seen.

why do people keep inserting all these amazing players into the tsatas thread lol? at this stage wouldnt we be happy if he worked out to be err, i dunno, a skinny shiel?
I personally would not be happy if he worked out to be a skinny Sheil.

**** me, this is ridiculous.

He's shown that he has extremely good hands (both in retrieving the ball and dishing to advantage) and the ability to break out the front of stoppage unlike anybody on our list apart from Shiel.

He's 19 ****ing years old.

He's shown that he has extremely good hands (both in retrieving the ball and dishing to advantage) and the ability to break out the front of stoppage unlike anybody on our list apart from Shiel.

great but those are not the kind of attributes you can only find at pick 5. we already have parish and shiel who do the same thing.

also, apologies mods i read some posts and thought this was the tsatas thread, move if required.

Durham gets through the front of the stoppage pretty regularly.

Have never seen Tsatas get through the front of a stoppage. Keep hearing people talk about it, never seen it.

Durham gets through the front of the stoppage pretty regularly.

Have never seen Tsatas get through the front of a stoppage. Keep hearing people talk about it, never seen it.
Genuine question, how many VFL games do you watch? Because he does it regularly at that level.

Looks like I voted for Humphrey. I don’t think I would’ve been staunchly against Tsatas though. If I knew his kicking was so poor it would’ve been a different story.

Hopefully he can find a place in the AFL, but it’s bloody hard to make it with poor foot skills.

It amazes me so many people here didn't know he was a poor kick pre draft.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Nate has another solid performance tonight, if he can keep the very good Melbourne defense honest and make a contest, that'd be a win.

If he gets on top of his defender and lights it up, look out, lid off!

Don't put too much expectation on this guy. doubt he'll make a huge difference this year or even next. As long as he keeps competing, he'll be fine. Young tall. Get excited but he won't set the world on fire for a while.

Get what you’re saying, but he’s not a Cox/Reid/etc type tall. He’s shorter than both Cripps and Bontempelli.

Was looked at by clubs as a ready to go player at draft time.

I think he’ll absolutely be making a difference for us next year.

I get he's only new but he tried a heap of hollywood no look efforts or lazy swinging boots instead of just trying to do basic football. It will be a fine balance of not trying to stifle him but also not letting him get way too ahead of himself.

So pro is he attacks everything in the air at a million miles an hour, with vigour and busts packs.

Con is he attacks things he shouldn’t at a million miles an hour and is all things told, not good for spacing at the moment.

AFL Player #30: Nate Caddy - The Best Caddy since Steve Williams - 6/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back