Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

ROO RECRUIT EARNS ANOTHER YEAR

MATURE-AGE recruit Toby Pink has triggered an extension at North Melbourne for 2025.

The 25-year-old arrived at Arden Street as a delisted free agent last October after earning a second chance in the AFL, following a dominant season for Glenelg in the SANFL.

Pink made his debut against Greater Western Sydney in round one, seven years after being drafted by Sydney – where he spent three seasons on the rookie list without playing a senior game – and is now up to 12 appearances.

WbycPJMG.jpg

00:30
4 days

Tickled Pink: Toby dobs two against ex-side​

North Melbourne's Toby Pink buries two first-quarter goals against his former club
The South Australian joined the Kangaroos on a one-year deal but has now hit a trigger for a second season.

Pink was signed to bolster a backline that lost Ben McKay to free agency and Griffin Logue to a long-term knee injury last year.

But after starting in defence, Alastair Clarkson has used Pink at the other end of the ground in recent weeks – the position Sydney drafted him as back in 2016 – and he kicked two goals against the Swans on Saturday. – Josh Gabelich
l wonder how low the trigger point was? :laughv1: ;)

Those two goals he kicked weren't easy to hit either.

Love him. You love players with talent but you absolutely adore players that do everything they can despite their limitations. Pink is one of those players.

He's already a fan favourite at the North end and everytime he gets near it the noise reminds me of the anticipation of Petrie crashing packs. Love it!

Last edited:

Good on him and he should be very proud of his efforts, has come along way since those early games in defense.

Should have further improvement in him, and as we all know, we need a well rounded squad and he certainly gives us some depth.
Did ok in defence apart from the Carlton game but no defender could have stopped that. Was a smart move seeing if he can swing forward given when Logue is back we have some surplus back there. The fact he can play both ends is a big bonus as a depth player.

Has been very serviceable ever since ccj went down, in fact our team structure a real shock with goater and ccj injured.

Nah nah. We went through all the photos. She picked LDU and Toby. He is a cult figure in my household

He stands out. My 5 year old loves him too, although that might be because I yell "PINKYYYY" so much at the games haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A decent fill in forward, just wishing we can get a jarrad waite type get soon.

Played his 12th game on the weekend, and announced today. Would say that was his trigger

Genuinely happy for the lad. We'll take a KPF or 2 in the draft, and Pinky can fill a hole while they develop.

Playing more than half the games in a season is a reasonable trigger for someone in his position.

Hope he absolutely splits the Richmond game open.

Those two goals on the weekend says a lot about the blokes potential in the forward half.

Makes me hopeful there might be a bit more to him than just playing a role for a season or two
I think the consensus that Toby is filling in until someone better comes along is understandable, but there's also a BF tendency to pigeon hole players very early on, and minds are then closed to the logical possibility that people can actually improve as they gain more experience and confidence.

As you say, hopefully there's more to come

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back