Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda plays like, if he isnt the one pushing up, he thinks his teamates should always protect him from being in a tough situation, and if he does find himself in that position it's ok if he ****s up coz well, his teamates shoulda never allowed him to be left in that situation. I'd hate to play with him. Guessing from afar. I dont enjoy his "passion".

He does some very dumb things but l want to see how he goes when Logue comes back. Some pressure might be off him then especially if Chom ,Dawson, and Logue are there also...
Nah. He's on 13K a week. He's had his chance. Logue should be coming in for him. No way he should keep his spot ahead of C Comben and K Dawson.

Kinda plays like, if he isnt the one pushing up, he thinks his teamates should always protect him from being in a tough situation, and if he does find himself in that position it's ok if he ****s up coz well, his teamates shoulda never allowed him to be left in that situation. I'd hate to play with him. Guessing from afar. I dont enjoy his "passion".
That's kind of how team defense works tho.

Yeah, but its how you react/perform when it doesnt work that pisses people off. Particularly if you yourself have a history or questionable judgment on when to and the timing of leaving your man

Weightman has history with staging though. Our entire side would know this. Did Corr think that by giving away stupid frees or attacking him anywhere near his shoulders would be a good idea?
If our Defence coach this week did not start with “Do not get sucked into the little blonde diver and actor”, then we should get a new defence coach.

Every side has a Weightman. We had one of the best in Lindsay Thomas who like Selwood were the God Fathers of the knee drop and dive to win a free. It’s hard to coach dumb footballers on simple instructions.

Nah 99% of the time Lind's was trying to get under the tackle to keep playing, not looking for the whistle. His mindset was beat his man, he didn't get his shot for being tall, fast, strong, an olympic runner or a father son. He won contests and when he dodged he wanted to get the better of his opponent. Nothing more nothing less. Believe it.

Flew the flag for us and Weightman is as soft as they come.

Yeah it's dumb shit but he had to deal with a midfield getting absolutely done.
Flying the flag? It was a fake tough guy act shoving a bloke on the back for no reason who is known to play up for free kicks.

The only flag he was flying was one to show how stupid he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flying the flag? It was a fake tough guy act shoving a bloke on the back for no reason who is known to play up for free kicks.

The only flag he was flying was one to show how stupid he is.
Lets not get carried away coz brainfarts. Corr puts his body on the line and seems to be growing as a play creator. Ive enjoyed his blind turns, candy salesmanship and aggression.

And on being tough, i had to laugh when a few dogs players went to have a go and he all but laughed at them. One was Libba who he treated like an ankle biting Jack Russel. While thats not tough in itself, you can tell he just knows he can handle himself. In my experience underestimate the real toughness of people like that at your peril.

Lets not get carried away coz brainfarts. Corr puts his body on the line and seems to be growing as a play creator. Ive enjoyed his blind turns, candy salesmanship and aggression.

And on being tough, i had to laugh when a few dogs players went to have a go and he all but laughed at them. One was Libba who he treated like an ankle biting Jack Russel. While thats not tough in itself, you can tell he just knows he can handle himself. In my experience underestimate the real toughness of people like that at your peril.
I’m not saying to drop him for it, I’m just pointing out how stupid and pointless it is.

I don't understand the attempts to defend that 50 by Corr. It was monumentally stupid, even if it was exaggerated.

Treloar had the ball 50 out and was looking to make a forward entry. Corr should be focusing on defending, not trying to get a shot in on the smallest guy on the field.

It's not tough or flying the flag. It's being stupid enough to be sucked in.

If it was a one off then it would be more understandable. But it's basically once a game that he does something really undisciplined at the worst time. Or that he crumbles under pressure with ball in hand.

His defending has been pretty good but the lack of discipline is a real problem.

When it comes down to it Logue deserves to come back in, and Chom and KD are both travelling better. Off to the VFL you go Aidan

Corr is a third tall, Kalan is a key defender that is at risk from Logue.

Agree he’s done well but I doubt Corr will make way.

We’ve come a long way to have options since earlier this year.

His disposal under minimal pressure including attempted torps is horrific. No composure. Gives up a few goals a week missing spoils and/or leaving opponent inexplicably. He is a massive weak link most of the time and stop gap at best.has used 8 of 9 lives to avoid the axe with the odd “good” effort. But bad>>>> good. See lmac

If he had 5% of archers defensive side,.. archer closes space really well and plays within his limits which is fine. And they are growing. Lmac and corr do none of that. Thats the problem. Archer plays like he is learning each week and is accountable….the others think they are awesome and probably that coaches dont understand their talents so they will just do what they want.

When Logue comes back in, Could Corr be an option up forward?
Britney Spears What GIF

Corr started the year pretty rough and the criticism was justified. But then he turned it around and had a stretch of at least 6 good games which most people seemed to acknowledge. Yesterday, he made some mistakes and a bunch of people go into selective amnesia, insisting that he does this shit every week. Yeah nah. Give him a chance to redeem himself.

Corr started the year pretty rough and the criticism was justified. But then he turned it around and had a stretch of at least 6 good games which most people seemed to acknowledge. Yesterday, he made some mistakes and a bunch of people go into selective amnesia, insisting that he does this shit every week. Yeah nah. Give him a chance to redeem himself.

Agreed. There were patches last week where it felt like he was carrying us. Definitely did a lot to help keep the game within reach for that almost-comeback.

At his best he is great. Just stop giving away those redtime goals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back