AFL Autopsy 4 point loss to the powa

Remove this Banner Ad

Heartbroken for merrett. 2 massive moments he set us up in the dying stages and his team mates efforts after.. just can't do much more.
Merrett was huge tonight, that tackle was sublime.

*No one wins coming off the bye.

Parish disposal is very poor. $500k for 5 no more thanks.

Weid isn’t worth minimum wage. The lad is a liability.

Our improvement is there for all to see as are our deficiencies. An expected loss with more to come in the next month.
Was doing the right things but has zero confidence ATM. Wasn't from a lack of effort. I like that Scott backs in players to build their confidence, but it's surely hurting him having poor game after poor game. Our fans eat our own and he's not a player that has huge amounts of self confidence.

Baldwin in for 2-3 weeks based on form. Weids back to the vfl to build confidence, and reassess after this time.

Scott's criticism as coach at North was he gifted out of form players too many games. Hopefully he's learned from this and can identify when it's becoming counterproductive

Was doing the right things but has zero confidence ATM. Wasn't from a lack of effort. I like that Scott backs in players to build their confidence, but it's surely hurting him having poor game after poor game. Our fans eat our own and he's not a player that has huge amounts of self confidence.

Baldwin in for 2-3 weeks based on form. Weids back to the vfl to build confidence, and reassess after this time.

Scott's criticism as coach at North was he gifted out of form players too many games. Hopefully he's learned from this and can identify when it's becoming counterproductive

I’d like to see Voss given an opportunity.

Had more than enough chances.

Bad kicking and like the Swans missed some sitters.

Shows how far we've come in half a season

Weed and Wright isn't the right combo

Hobby, Zerrett and Caldwell busted their ***

Shiel needs to be on a wing IMO not on the ball

Good game. Just hate footy sometimes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually thought wed get pumped today and then the first 20 minutes i was like, yeh

The fight back was huge, we were the best side after qtr time. Smashed them in i50s, Clearances and CPs and half of it was in the wet, which aligns with finals style footy

Huge positives

Parish - Take the good with the bad. Good to see him hitting the scoreboard, 4 very gettable goals, unfortunately didnt finish. Remember hes missed alot of training, games, kicking ect. He misses some kicks, he hits some nice ones. I know most just want him to fail and cull him. Tonight showed Zerrett, Parish, Stringer, Hobbs, Caldwell can work together going forward. Remember Stringer only has 2 years left really

Phillips - Easily been our best player the last 2 weeks. Brilliant again tonight. Some people on here owe him an apology. Having a great year. Needed on the list next year

Hobbs - Ive never doubted him and nothing hes doing surprises me. We knew we had a Big Body Bull when we drafted him, Dodoro said it was what the fans had wanted and they wernt trading the pick with him there, no matter what. Has all the tools, carried us into the contest in the and off his own back

Perkins - Tail of 2 halves. Close to his best first half for the club in terms of getting the pill and influence, just bellied a few and didnt use it well but we know thats not an issue with his game. His 2nd half was terrible, defensive efforts deplorable. Killer instinct and playing as if his lifes on the line isnt there, i thought hed be one who lifts for the moments

Weideman - I know most hate him, no goals in 5 weeks, missed an easy goal, yeh yeh yeh. Scott will tell you he did a great job on Aliir and its reason we didnt want to sub him as that had a huge impact on the result. We do need more offensivily, but there isnt much hes keeping out of the side. Voss cant ruck, Bryan cant play fwd, H.Jones injured. Baldwin should be the one playing FWD in the vfl as good as hes been back. Its his only way to an AFL game

Zerk - Super game, huge moments for me

Laverde - Bathed Dixon when he had the game atleast 50/50, undersized severly but body work got it done

Caldwell - Huge, huge last qtr. Huge influence. The goals were immense, but some of the tackles, gathers and finding the pill and getting territory elite. Almost got us across the line in the last 15 minutes by himself

Menzie - Never drop him from the 22 again. His contest, halving the contest he shouldnt, skill and pressure is just too important. Thought Guelfi maybe shouldve been subbed instead but really hard call to make

He's dropped the ball the last two weeks and you know it

Either on drugs or been drinking his own koolaid
Agree.

Was better tonight than last week but had a shocking last quarter. Poor sub choice and not having more even numbers ahead of the ball ultimately cost us the game.

We got back in it from clearances and 6-6-6 late but from general play our structure sucked in the last.

Shattered, just gutted. My wife said why get so upset. I told her why all I want is for my boys who are 16 & 12 to win a final, I have seen 4 grand final wins don’t give a rats toss if I don’t see another but my boys deserve some happiness.

Ok that’s the sook, a couple of things, why was guelfi on the mark, should of been Phillips and Wright in the square. Why was Martin so desperate to kick it out you play it like rugby just hold the bloody thing in. Darcy mate you are waiting on to sign to we pay more and you serve that up, get stuffed!

Now I flick to the cricket and wtf has happened there, why isn’t anything just easy!

He's dropped the ball the last two weeks and you know it

Either on drugs or been drinking his own koolaid
We didn’t get thumped by 10 goals in the last quarter, we only lost to a kick after the final siren. To the second best team. The sky isn’t falling.

I agree with what scooter said on Twitter. How did shiel come on and play every centre bounce and we pushed out a young mid who was dominating. Shocking coaching
and replaced a young small forward who actually applied pressure. Stopped our momentum

Proud tonight. Much better than last week's pile of turd.

Shiel wasn't ready tonight. Menzie deserved to stay on.
Much better game from Parish. Phillips was excellent. Hobbs and Caldwell were tireless and Merrett was awesome.
Wright was robbed early but well held and a much more involved game from Weideman. Not unhappy, and even though we still have only beaten one top 8 team I'm convinced that if we make the 8 we've got the ability to win one.
We won't be making the 8. That was our last chance to get a foothold before we slip further down.

We didn’t get thumped by 10 goals in the last quarter, we only lost to a kick after the final siren. To the second best team. The sky isn’t falling.
Yep. I didn't like the choice of sub but it isn't panic stations.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy 4 point loss to the powa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back