Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When left wingers start arguing for their case with economics/balancing the budget you know they have conceded defeat.

They only care about social issues no matter the cost.

Trump ****ed the debt!

oh but Obama had to deal with he GFC it wasn't his fault.

its only Trump! Trumps the worst!

Thats why i took it from 2010.

lol this is too good.
But seriously - 2009 was not isolated from 2008. You can't do that and expect to make a good argument about US government debt. 2008 had many effects that went beyond 2008.

As did 2020, when Trump was President. As did big tax cuts.

But seriously - 2009 was not isolated from 2008. You can't do that and expect to make a good argument about US government debt. 2008 had many effects that went beyond 2008.

As did 2020, when Trump was President. As did big tax cuts.

You can make arguments for either side why US debt has done what it's done.

But suggesting Trump is the sole reason for US debt being what it is, is totally and utterly ****ing stupid. he increased the debt no more than the people before him, or the people after him.

If you can't concede that at a minimum, based on the actual data i just gave you, than Jesus. No wonder people argue over the dumb shit they do.

I also am not aware of any videos of the King assassination, but perhaps I’ve just missed it.

The two Kennedys and King weren’t in any state to jump up and fist pump and Reagan wasn’t that much better. The “USA” chant is extremely weird, but also really took off under Bush. It’s an absurd thing to chant, especially in a situation like this, but then it’s a politically absurd country. And it’s an absurd tweet, but the kind of thing that Democratic partisans are like bees in honey for.
Nationalism is perhaps the most powerful political force.

That is all the chant is, along with "Make America Great Again" and all the America first crap, immigration crap, China crap......

It is all just tapping into nationalism for the sole reason of harvesting votes.

But suggesting Trump is the sole reason for US debt being what it is, is totally and utterly ****ing stupid.
Calm your farm.

Trump's tax cuts needlessly contributed to the debt and compounded the 2020 problems into the future.

Undermining state Covid responses... it wasn't pretty at all.

On putting 100% tariffs on cars:
Now, if I don't get elected, it's going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that's going to be the least of it. It's going to be a bloodbath for the country. That will be the least of it.

Trump has said enough wild shit that there is no political need for the ridiculous manipulation of this. It's absurd that it's still being referenced and definitely part of the rhetoric that would have influenced this whacko.

Australian
Nationalism is perhaps the most powerful political force.

That is all the chant is, along with "Make America Great Again" and all the America first crap, immigration crap, China crap......

It is all just tapping into nationalism for the sole reason of harvesting votes.
Make America Great Again (MAGA) was a term first used by Ronald Reagan in his 1980 Presidential campaign btw.

The beauty of it as a political slogan is that is has no reference point in either a time or context sense. It can be whatever the person using it (or hearing it) wants it to be without it having any meaning at all.

A perfect rallying call for the brainless mob who have a very limited and blinkered Disneyesque and whitewashed understanding of US history.

And a phrase that Trump has never been seriously examined on.

Calm your farm.

Trump's tax cuts needlessly contributed to the debt and compounded the 2020 problems into the future.

yeah, is all just his fault. never anyone else.

Obama 8 trillion - 20 trillion trumps fault.

Biden 27 trillion to 35 trillion trumps fault.

How much of the debt increase over the last 14 years has been under the democrats?

We will see if the US voters dig a little deeper!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trump has said enough wild shit that there is no political need for the ridiculous manipulation of this. It's absurd that it's still being referenced and definitely part of the rhetoric that would have influenced this whacko.
Where is the manipulation of quoting what was said verbatim?

Why are you so invested in Trump? Hoping Kushner gets to do the Israeli "Peace Deal" again?

No sure arguing a fact means your invested.

I am not American, i dont vote in their election.

I truthfully and factually pointed out that Trump is no worse at a managing debt than Obama before him, and Biden after him.

the point is they all have.

Biden and Obama are no better.
Nah - I don't agree that they were all the same.

Biden and Obama made their own mistakes, but Trump was pretty destabilising and his tax cuts did a number on their budget. I can't recall if Biden wound any back? Others will know, but I don't think he did.

No I didn't say that.

He was not the stable economic genius. He did a fair bit of damage.

Debt in isolation is not an effective measure on assessing how good a president was economically.

You have to look at what was the debt used for, how much business it brought in etc.

The Trump tax cuts brought in businesses the were leaving due to Obamas high taxes and costly red tape expenses.

Anyone that has small businesses would understand this.

Where is the manipulation of quoting what was said verbatim?

The manipulation is that it is of any significance. It was not used in anyway to infer violence but the financial damage to the industry. It did the rounds on US media for weeks in reference to his intent for retribution, when it was in no way related. The fact it is connected at all to his 'violent rhetoric' is a blatant manipulation of context.

Last edited:

Biden and Obama made their own mistakes, but Trump was pretty destabilising and his tax cuts did a number on their budget. I can't recall if Biden wound any back? Others will know, but I don't think he did.
Biden have made changes that includes rolling back some of the tax cuts implemented under the Trump administration such as increasing taxes on corporations and high-income individuals…Congress has made it difficult which is to be expected

their mistakes are no worse than trumps. The debt growth shows that.

Anyways the original post to this chain was that trump tanked the economy.

• I have shown you that Trumps debt profile grew at the same trajectory as the 6 years under Obama before him.
  • the S&P500, GDP and Dow Jones all grew steadily and positively from 2016 onwards until COVID occurred in 2020.

TLDR the claim that Trump tanked the economy, is completely and utterly wrong.

Debt in isolation is not an effective measure on assessing how good a president was economically.

You have to look at what was the debt used for, how much business it brought in etc.

This was more about debt but of course, more broadly yeah you look at all that. You look at how it impacted the people who the economy is supposed to serve - the citizens, now and into the future.

The Trump tax cuts brought in businesses the were leaving due to Obamas high taxes and costly red tape expenses.
I don't know that they were high at all or that regulations were out of proportion with their goals.

Which are you thinking of?

Anyone that has small businesses would understand this.
In the US?

Not really. Trump may win the presidency but he will not win the popular vote. He certainly will not have 50% of voting age Americans support him.

Idk about that this year after what just happened.

A senile guy v a guy who survived an assassination attempt seems like a landslide victory for the latter. Americans love the hero story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back