Player Watch #46: Ben Miller - Re-Signed Until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

His and the rest of our backs defensive structure has fallen down as our midfield changed in the back half of the year to those that apply little defensive pressure .
YEP. Midfield and Wings with Prestia, JGTI, Hopper. Taranto, Dow and KMAC all rotating are going to kill any structure in the BL. I watched our BL yesterday and Balta, Rioli and Short actually refused to man their opponents. They played to heavy Forward and Miller , Broad anf Flossy were caught out by being one or two men short. We have been poorly coached as well with no game plan or any methodology to cooperate as a team. It just appeared to me all year there were a dozen selfish footballers in the team.

YEP. Midfield and Wings with Prestia, JGTI, Hopper. Taranto, Dow and KMAC all rotating are going to kill any structure in the BL. I watched our BL yesterday and Balta, Rioli and Short actually refused to man their opponents. They played to heavy Forward and Miller , Broad anf Flossy were caught out by being one or two men short. We have been poorly coached as well with no game plan or any methodology to cooperate as a team. It just appeared to me all year there were a dozen selfish footballers in the team.
This. I think some players like short and rioli haven't really adapted to us not being a great team. They still want to play loose and attacking but at this stage we need them manning up a bit more as we lose more contests than we win.

He’s still better than Young. In a settled backline with Balta and Gibcus, I think he will be fine. He ended the season poorly, but was one of our most improved half way through the year. It’s a good building block moving into to pre season.

He’s still better than Young. In a settled backline with Balta and Gibcus, I think he will be fine. He ended the season poorly, but was one of our most improved half way through the year. It’s a good building block moving into to pre season.
He's weak one on one, and not an interceptor. Leaves very few roles for him to play.

He ain’t better than anyone. I could get the fat fullback from Bunyip 2nds and he’d do better than Miller

He ain’t better than anyone. I could get the fat fullback from Bunyip 2nds and he’d do better than Miller

So his good form during the season means nothing because he ended the season poorly like most players?

Getting out "muscled" by Lukoscious was embarrassing, multiple times
Well Lukosciou is a fair player. Kept him to 2 marks and 7 possessions, which is a pretty crap game for him. I thought Miller wasn't as bad yesterday as previous weeks. I think he is suffering from long season at the bottom of the ladder itis. This is his first full season as a key back, should be better for getting through the year and not being dropped or asked to play forward, ruck etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We use 2 KPDs. Young & Gibcus round zero. Miller & Balta Round 24.

TBH if they stop the Balta KPF madness , Balta and Gibcus will be first choice KPDs. Miller, Young, Blight are good depth.

Then 3 tallish players Broad, Tresize and Brown.

2 smalls Short/Smith types.

Not even joking would lock him in on a 5 year deal. We need to hold onto him to shore up or defence in both the short and long term
Miller and Lefau the 2 biggest surprises and positives for the season.
Has got a pretty good kick on him. Enjoying watching his progression this season even with the backline under fire every game.
Give him a five year deal, get this guy signed up
Having a great season
One of the better 6-disposal games you’ll see.
Doing great things down back
Going to be a log of clubs sniffing around Miller as a free agent. Long-term offers will be coming.
Should have been 5 years
I heard a stat that after R10 he had only lost a single one on one contest for the year.

I can't remember the exact stat (marking ?) or where I heard it so if anyone else heard that please expand.

Very pleased that this big fella has re signed. Could be a weapon as he begins to blossom.
Correct, only lost one 1v1 contest out of the 30 odd he's been involved in.

#1 in the league.
If you picked the AA team based on statistics/contests won etc he would actually be a chance.

In reality he's got no shot but says a lot about the improvement in the man
I think it's a compliment that he goes unnoticed. Just does his job each week with no fuss and doesn't make mistakes.
First coaches votes in 7 years....I assume.

He has been great this year.
Reading this thread backwards has been hilarious. You know the genuine posters when people can at least admit they’re wrong and give credit where it’s due to Benjamin Miller. I may suffer the same fate in the Kosi thread and hopefully I do bc it means we have another Tiger locked in .

Just a few posts from people talking about Miller earlier this year. He had a poor finish but so did 95% of our list. I'm backing him in next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Ben Miller - Re-Signed Until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back