Player Watch #46: Ben Miller - Re-Signed Until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, I guess that is right, credit where credit is due. But criticism where criticism is due. :)

However in TigerImposter 's case, unwarranted vile personal abuse that should never ever be directed at anybody...has been approved by management. :hearteyes:
He's a lovable rogue.

Hahahhahaha, this actually made me laugh out loud.

I am one of the first to call out TI for some of his more than shit house posts ;)

But............... if you gonna go hard at someone like that, you gotta pay the man.
Sadly that even my shithouse posts are still greater than most on here. ;) :moustache: :)
Then again I use my eyes to look at players and not blinded by sheets of useless stats pumped out by Champion Data and other mobs. lol

Will Thursfield, Luke McGaune, Kelvin Moore, Ben Miller.

All valuable contributors in poor teams. Our premiership window is circa 2007.

still has that bad habit of double fisting the ball, i can never recall grimes, astbury or rance ever doing it.......just mark the bloody thing......otherwise heading towards a nice solid career.
All 3 used to do this all the time in 2011/12/13. I specifically remember identical posts on this board. He has shown he is a good mark and will mark more often as the backline gets more settled.

still has that bad habit of double fisting the ball, i can never recall grimes, astbury or rance ever doing it.......just mark the bloody thing......otherwise heading towards a nice solid career.

I wouldn't mind Miller finding his ceiling by challenging himself a bit more to take the game on, even knowing he will often come undone. It would be interesting to see how good he could be. Now is the time to do it, when it doesn't matter so much to match results. I think as a defender you always want to be throwing something back at your opponent, and Miller appears to have the tools to do that.

Can’t believe how shit he has turned post the bye
Had such a good start to the season and has completely gone backwards

Will be back in the vfl next year if Gibbo is fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miller is alright. Most key defenders are going to struggle at times in a team like this. I would just love to see him throw a bit more back at the opposition going the other way, so they never get a free hit at his contest. Give your opponents something to fear Ben.
He is too scared of contact to be an effective yep position defender

I hate bagging players, but really, millar is garbage as a back. Should be tried forward and let’s see.

Not saying it’s a certain plan, but I’d be thinking of seeing how a swap Kosi and Millar plan goes. Millar’s loss of contests to guys shorter, or less strong than him, is deflating for me, let alone the players upfield busting a gut.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He's being let down by the ass falling out of our season and there being no recognisable defensive system. We are a rabble back there. Only Vlastuin could hold his head high across the year, Broad in patches.

He was looking like a good AFL standard key back in the first half of the year and earned himself a contract. I don't think that ability just evaporates. If we get a more stable team next year I think we'll see a return to some form.

I hate bagging players, but really, millar is garbage as a back. Should be tried forward and let’s see.

Not saying it’s a certain plan, but I’d be thinking of seeing how a swap Kosi and Millar plan goes. Millar’s loss of contests to guys shorter, or less strong than him, is deflating for me, let alone the players upfield busting a gut.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Already tried as a forward under Hardwick and was just as useless
Kissed on the dick for having a career as long as he has , he must have photos.

How has he gone from having Charlie Curnow in his pocket to looking all at sea in the space of two months? Hope it's just a symptom of the team going down the drain and not just Miller losing his ability to defend.

cant remember a KP25 yo backman for Richmond every getting games & being this bad. Royce Vardy i thought, perhaps, but his career was over by 23.

I'm assuming Blight was injured?

He's being let down by the ass falling out of our season and there being no recognisable defensive system. We are a rabble back there. Only Vlastuin could hold his head high across the year, Broad in patches.

He was looking like a good AFL standard key back in the first half of the year and earned himself a contract. I don't think that ability just evaporates. If we get a more stable team next year I think we'll see a return to some form.
His and the rest of our backs defensive structure has fallen down as our midfield changed in the back half of the year to those that apply little defensive pressure .

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Ben Miller - Re-Signed Until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back