5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people keep saying that Warner won't make it to Sydney?

We have carried him for 2 years, why would we stop now? I said the same thing when people were saying he wouldn't make it to the test championship, then to the Ashes

He will play the final 3 tests and then he is gone

I don't get the scale of the negativity at all. We might collapse for a sub-200 score before tea but I have not seen any evidence of this all tour. We're up against it because the pattern has been set batsmen not going on after getting starts, not flashing outside off and crumbling for 140 after 40 overs.
That's true. We've collapsed at times but never a full team collapse like previous series in England. The pitches would be the main reason. We seem to get to 30 then get stuck and bogged down. Stokes stops the singles and ties us down until we give it away or get a peach.

We have carried him for 2 years, why would we stop now? I said the same thing when people were saying he wouldn't make it to the test championship, then to the Ashes

unless he changes his mind...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or he'll backtrack on his retirement and get another two years with spud mode activated.

Don't listen to the naysayers Anderson. You've got one more tour down here in you mate.
Wood though, you've had a great career mate. Retired with Stewy and don't come here.

Yep, should’ve been dropped two years ago.
I guess we’ll carry the campaigner for another home series.

That's true. We've collapsed at times but never a full team collapse like previous series in England. The pitches would be the main reason. We seem to get to 30 then get stuck and bogged down. Stokes stops the singles and ties us down until we give it away or get a peach.
Which suggests that a mental shift, rather than technical, is needed.

I'd like Warner to be proactive, he has little to lose so he might as well try to put England on the defensive.

Remove this Banner Ad

5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Back