5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been the best series in 18 years. I'm sad to see it finished. Thoroughly enjoyed watching this contest. I'll remember this ashes forever
Definitely been a lot of fun but i think i enjoyed the last England Ashes more, this has been incredibly close but i think the overall level of play has been disappointing on both sides at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's kind of poetic and beautiful that Broad finishes his career with a 6 hooking. When he was hit by Yadav I think it really shook him up mentally. His batting went downhill for years. Before then he had made lots of runs with a best of 169.

Which suggests that a mental shift, rather than technical, is needed.

I'd like Warner to be proactive, he has little to lose so he might as well try to put England on the defensive.
Warner to make 150, 2nd top score of the match (don't care who tops it) and retire on a high. Win, win for everyone.

Really odd decision from Stokes to not declare overnight. They've added 7 runs in 2 overs for that last wicket. Keeping in mind they lose 2 additional overs due to innings changeover, they have just burned 20 minutes from the game for not much on the scoreboard. Also keeping in mind there is rain forecast later today and Monday.

With this and his late declaration last test, seems he may have overcorrected from his Edgbaston 1st day declaration.
Pls not another “we batted under overcast conditions “,……
I'd still drop him for the summer

A 200 could change my mind though....
Broad shouldn’t have made the decision to retire last night, his intensity will be less today. Aus to win by 6 wickets

Definitely been a lot of fun but i think i enjoyed the last England Ashes more, this has been incredibly close but i think the overall level of play has been disappointing on both sides at times.
I think this series has had more stories and drama to keep it engaging. But agree I loved the 2019 series as well. High quality stuff

I’ve posted this here before but my former chief of staff was a NSW second XI player who rocked up to a Sydney grade game to open the batting and find out that Wayne Daniel would be taking the new ball. He lost a coin toss with Trevor Bayliss to face it, and hooked it out of the ground:

‘I didn’t see it I just swung. The next ball I turned around and my middle stump was about 15 metres behind me.’

Remove this Banner Ad

5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Back