5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Le Bon in the crowd today, another great England headband wearer.

simon-le-bon-60.jpg

No doubt Broad was a big Duran Duran fan as a kid like me.

I think with Warner and how he’s going you wouldn’t be upset with him getting out to a ‘loose’ shot. He’s a walking wicket anyway. The only chance he really has is putting some pressure on England and knocking a few off before lunch.

I hope he just plays his natural game and that is to take it to the attack

Warner's feet movement is just off. Enough to get him out. He is cooked mentally if not fizzically

Has lost his eye and unfortunately the way he bats when his eye went we were going to see poorer returns

Same way batsmen’s run aggregate goes up when they aren’t making 50s and 100s.

If it means that much to you, fine, but anyone that has ever watched him and made a proper neutral analysis knows he’s a very intelligent bowler who is accurate but relies on swing to be at his best, and when it’s not swinging, he simply is just a good, decent bowler.
You still haven’t answered the question about how he has achieved a series victory in India when the ball doesn’t swing and similarly in Australia when so many others haven’t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner runs half way down the pitch then yells no runs. Gives me the brace and bits.

Glad he and Bairstow don't bat together, both run half way and turn back every second ball and yell no run

For all the talk of Warner and his position, it will be interesting to see what sort of runs we get from whoever does replace he and Usman because there are no stand out candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Definitely been a lot of fun but i think i enjoyed the last England Ashes more, this has been incredibly close but i think the overall level of play has been disappointing on both sides at times.

Yeah I wouldn't say it's been the best standard series but it has certainly been fun to watch (easier to say when we've retained the Ashes I guess)

Remove this Banner Ad

5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Back