Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon we can still make this Baker trade happen even if Baker says no to a move to Freo

I really want Essendon's pick 9.

We speak to Essendon and ask them if we were to get picks 24 & 26 would they consider trading us pick 9 for them? yes I know a F1st is probably better for them from another team but I'm only going by what Matt Rosa said yesterday they really want an extra pick for this year but realise the limited hand they have.

If they say yes, we go to Matty Clark and say do you still want Baker? Give us pick 26 & your F2 (Eagles fans will rejoice and think they bent us over)

We then go to Essendon and get pick 9 (Eagles fans cry)

Richmond end up with picks 1,9 & 20
Eagles get Baker and still have their pick 3
Essendon get picks 24 & 26 added to their current pick 31 to give them enough points for Kako bid and points left to draft someone.

Reckon we can still make this Baker trade happen even if Baker says no to a move to Freo

We speak to Essendon and ask them if we were to get picks 24 & 26 would they consider trading us pick 9 for them? yes I know a F1st is probably better for them from another team but I'm only going by what Matt Rosa said yesterday they really want an extra pick for this year but realise the limited hand they have.

If they say yes, we go to Matty Clark and say do you still want Baker? Give us pick 26 & your F2 (Eagles fans will rejoice and think they bent us over)

Essendon get picks 24 & 26 added to their current pick 31 to give them enough points for Kako bid and points left to draft someone.
In no world would Essendon trade 9 for 24 and 26

They’ll comfortably get much, much better offers then that

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Baker is so dumb imo, I can understand why Graham is going there cause there would not be a lot of interest in him from multiple clubs.

But him choosing WCE over Freo is laughable basically giving up on a Premiership imagine being part of Freo's first flag if they were to do it? already got 2 imagine how much it would enhance his legacy, but maybe players only think about $$ these days idk. maybe the Eagles deal is better.

Baker is so dumb imo, I can understand why Graham is going there cause there would not be a lot of interest in him from multiple clubs.

But him choosing WCE over Freo is laughable basically giving up on a Premiership imagine being part of Freo's first flag if they were to do it? already got 2 imagine how much it would enhance his legacy, but maybe players only think about $$ these days idk. maybe the Eagles deal is better.

Freo are the Clippers they won't win anything. WCE will rebuild and win again before those purple clowns do.

It's clearly the money. Old gossip Cotchin spilt the beans he had an offer too good to refuse. Freo have Jackson, Darcy, Serong, Fyfe, Brayshaw, soon Bolton..etc on big coin and will have little cap space. WCE have cap space galore. Bakers already got 2 flags he couldn't give a rats arse about another...... oh and you're right he is a dumb flog. His lasting memory at Punt Rd will be that pathetic bnf speech. Overrated bland tiny utility. No loss.

The only potential issue I see (which admittedly is unlikely) is that weagles tell Baker they wish to walk him into the PSD.

Putting my conspiracy theory hat on but this is where the comments from the Pres B+F night can be problematic. Again, I don’t think it’ll happen, but Baker might be more inclined to say ‘yep, stuff them I don’t care if they get nothing’.
Exactly the point I was making in the B&F thread

What did the president think he was doing undermining out trading position?

Worrying signs re our culture and professionalism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back