Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Traded to West Coast for pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Who here is actually confident that the player we pick (around #16-18) is going to be as good or better than Baker?

Would you rather have Baker or the guys below from the last decade?

Brown 17 (OK so far)
Dow 21 (bust)
RCD 20 (bust)
Higgins 17 (OK but requested trade, bust)
Rioli 15 (good)
Ellis 12 (bust)

Not saying we didn't get a good deal, just not confident we can/will capitalise on it.

WCE on the other hand have 5 years service from a good player in a rebuild phase.

So it's not as uneven as some may think.
Yeah but we had this ****ing moron doing the recruiting back then. Absolute pea brain. Think his name was Matt Stark or something. Wonder what he's up to these days :think:

Corey Ellis was pick 12 good lord totally forgot about him

Sorry all

Gonna miss Bakes, he took over the mantle as my favourite player this year after Grimer did his back, Lids was my favourite before Grimes and him leaving worked out pretty well, hopefully this does too.

So much for "I want whatever gets richmond the best compensation"
Not sure that sentiment was ever attributed to Baker. He wanted Richmond to be "fairly compensated" and that is what has happened with pick 14 IMO.

Bolton is the one by not nominating a club, it was open to whichever WA club could offer the best deal to us. Obviously with pick 3 gone, the only club that can satisfy us is Freo.

I hope he plays really well and shoves it up the WC supporters arses. Pretty depressing reading on the WC Baker thread. Figured some of them might be excited to get a player that has a bit of heart and wants to play for them.

He's not responsible for WC trading pick 3 out, that's on the club.

I'll miss seeing him bounce around contests. Was a fun player to watch.

I hope he plays really well and shoves it up the WC supporters arses. Pretty depressing reading on the WC Baker thread. Figured some of them might be excited to get a player that has a bit of heart and wants to play for them.

He's not responsible for WC trading pick 3 out, that's on the club.

I'll miss seeing him bounce around contests. Was a fun player to watch.
They'll come around pretty quickly, although he (and them) are in for a rough few years.

Still mind bogling to me that he chose Weagles over Freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Traded to West Coast for pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Back