Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Traded to West Coast for pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Best thing is his conversations with Harley Reid are going to like this

“Bakes, what was it like to play in front of the tiger army ?”

Bakes is gunna say

“ it was the best time of my life “

Harley is going to think about that many many times, and then he is gunna come home to experience it himself and play with his mates fos and Sam .

And we are gunna feel blessed , again

I doubt it would go like that.

WC would be a great club to play for if your performing.

Harley Reid is destined to be worshipped as the saviour and will be in a similar status of Cousins, Judd and even Nic Nat as the poster boy.

He comes across as someone who enjoys the spotlight and in a two team town that cares more about footy than Victoria he will get crowds just as good as the Tiger army on a weekly basis.

😂 so never excited to do a pre season with the rfc 😂 . Glad you’re gone.

View attachment 2147884
In his defence though, coming back to Melbourne from Perth leaving family and friends, and knowing you are there for winter and more wouldn’t exactly thrill me to be honest.

Who here is actually confident that the player we pick (around #16-18) is going to be as good or better than Baker?

Would you rather have Baker or the guys below from the last decade?

Brown 17 (OK so far)
Dow 21 (bust)
RCD 20 (bust)
Higgins 17 (OK but requested trade, bust)
Rioli 15 (good)
Ellis 12 (bust)

Not saying we didn't get a good deal, just not confident we can/will capitalise on it.

WCE on the other hand have 5 years service from a good player in a rebuild phase.

So it's not as uneven as some may think.
The Higgins trade still pisses me that f**k we should have got more for him. despite that brain injury his first season he showed a lot more promise than a lot of first year players.

View attachment 2147884
Both him & Bolton have not thanked RFC publicly since the trades, pretty poor form... At least Jack Graham & Daniel Rioli both did it should be the first thing you it's a bit ungrateful. hell, even Bailey Smith thanked the Dogs & there seems to be a lot more animosity involved, a lot of Dogs players don't follow Bailey including Bontempelli & Libba.

Who here is actually confident that the player we pick (around #16-18) is going to be as good or better than Baker?

Would you rather have Baker or the guys below from the last decade?

Brown 17 (OK so far)
Dow 21 (bust)
RCD 20 (bust)
Higgins 17 (OK but requested trade, bust)
Rioli 15 (good)
Ellis 12 (bust)

Not saying we didn't get a good deal, just not confident we can/will capitalise on it.

WCE on the other hand have 5 years service from a good player in a rebuild phase.

So it's not as uneven as some may think.
wow, Ellis was not a bust

Dow is still going

Brown looking promising

what planet are you on? If Ellis was a bust how do people complain about any compo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow, Ellis was not a bust

Dow is still going

Brown looking promising

what planet are you on? If Ellis was a bust how do people complain about any compo?

Corey ****ing Ellis.

We covered this over a week ago lol.

BRANDON was P15. COREY was P12 and was so dogshit basically nobody can even remember him.

The Higgins trade still pisses me that f**k we should have got more for him. despite that brain injury his first season he showed a lot more promise than a lot of first year players.

I agree.

We were pissweak and drinking our own bathwater/trying to be good 'Richmond men' by letting good players go elsewhere for nothing.

He was a 1st rounder and showed talent. Should have demanded a 1st rounder for him.

Both him & Bolton have not thanked RFC publicly since the trades, pretty poor form... At least Jack Graham & Daniel Rioli both did it should be the first thing you it's a bit ungrateful. hell, even Bailey Smith thanked the Dogs & there seems to be a lot more animosity involved, a lot of Dogs players don't follow Bailey including Bontempelli & Libba.
Who really cares

We got 7 years from them and got our premierships now sold them for top value
i really dont care if they thank us or not

Brain damage discount

We essetially got the value of a first rounder for Higgins.

We got P30 for 2021 and moved up 4 spots in the first round from 21 to 17. We also gave up a 4th which wasn't used.

So essentially we traded him for Pick 25 based on points value.

He was drafted 3 years earlier at P17 and had showed plenty of promise IMO.

Yes He did. Doesn't need to. What is this obsession?? He worked with RFC to get a great deal. Why should he grateful?? This is standard employment change of employer. He gets paid and he did his best job.

View attachment 2147884
Bakes ain’t that smart. Everytime he opens his mouth he embarrasses himself.

For a guy who we gave a chance to as a mature player that had been overlooked multiple times he seems a bit of a flog.

Compare him to Lambert who in the same circumstances couldn’t say enough great things about the club.

Last edited:
I agree.

We were pissweak and drinking our own bathwater/trying to be good 'Richmond men' by letting good players go elsewhere for nothing.

He was a 1st rounder and showed talent. Should have demanded a 1st rounder for him.
He was a flog. Club and players wanted him gone. Take what you can get and move on.

The worst trades we have done in recent times is J McMahon for a pick that became D Ward and C Yarran. Wallet was responsible for Jordy and Dan Richardson for Yarran I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Traded to West Coast for pick 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Back