Autopsy A win for the true believers - swans down pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the posters on Swans FB groups are downright incontinent.
My favourite thing after a bad loss is to count how many 'true fans/supporters' like posts you see in the following week. So many idiots on there, entertaining to see how they try to present themselves as better fans just because they are happy clapper, 'she'll be right', 'you can't possibly criticise' type of fans.

My favourite thing after a bad loss is to count how many 'true fans/supporters' like posts you see in the following week. So many idiots on there, entertaining to see how they try to present themselves as better fans just because they are happy clapper, 'she'll be right', 'you can't possibly criticise' type of fans.

The AFL subreddit is much more measured and placid/FB is the absolute worst.

I gave up on FB after I once posted after a loss that the boys need to have a good look at themselves after we got beaten by Hawthorn by 80+. Literally got hounded that I should just follow Hawthorn and leave the Swans if I want to be negative

Mostly agree.
Especially with: "..As Parker proved in the last, sometimes you just need to get it on the boot, gain territory and reset defensively. I can only assume the lack of competitiveness in the forward line is the reason we've avoided this approach. Here too, Papley is a massive loss.."

This is a huge issue which is no doubt why we are playing fox forward.

its a real pity konstanty or sheldrick arent given a go here (or havent been given one).

Mills isn't best available, nor near our top 12 at the moment, nor did he play until we were 13-3 (not sure how that has negatively impacted our ladder position or form, compared to now). And you mean the leadership that we had for the Dogs and Port? In any case, he'll play, but not because any of those reasons are valid.

Ollie still gets to play. Just as sub.
I watched the replay the other night. Mills was unsighted until 3/4 time when he was moved to the backline. His last quarter was a huge improvement and it looked like he was on the way back.
Here's a thought. How about he plays in the backline for the rest of the season. Has anyone brought that up before?

This is a huge issue which is no doubt why we are playing fox forward.

its a real pity konstanty or sheldrick arent given a go here (or havent been given one).
Fox is playing as a defensive forward to allow Hayward to get off the leash this season. On the weekend Fox gave other forwards a chop out by dragging their opponent off them. He helped keep Moore very quiet so I wouldn't be moving him out of there or making him the sub unless there is no matchup for him.
Konstanty or Sheldrick can't do that role.

Have enjoyed reading all the collingwood discourse around deliberate out of bounds which hasnt been a rule for years.

You have 360 degrees to tap a football, if you tap it towards the boundary and it goes out, that's insufficient intent to keep the ball in play. Dumb campaigners.
Perhaps Collingwood supporters should be asking why did they not tag Heeney especially in the last quarter.If the game had of gone another 10 seconds Heeney could have run into a open goal.He marked the ball 55m out and no one near him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans Moments that Matter
"A massive kick at a time of incredible importance..."
A seriously clutch goal from Logan McDonald - under pressure, he delivered.

Swans Photo of the Round
A moment of zen before Isaac Heeney went back and slotted an important goal in the final quarter on Friday night

It's good to be able to come here and express our frustrations in the way we see the game. We couldn't get away with the shit we say on here if we posted it on Facebook fan pages without being accused of being a shit supporter. Some people just don't understand that we react the way we do because of the love we have for our team.
Swans reddit is so sycophantic towards the club. If you just read that, you'd think the Frankston player should have apologised to Parker for getting in his way.

You get more of a balance on here.

What an extraordinary final quarter.

I'd been clever enough to mostly miss the Dogs and Port debacles, so it was my first up close look at the awful Swans - and for 3.5 qrs we were awful enough - indeed, a side better than the Pies (and there are quite a lot of them at the moment) would have had us good and proper.

But such a brilliant response, inspiring in particular from Isaac, Chad and Luke. Let's hope that's the switch flicked - at the 10 min mark of the final qr it felt like that was the season done. Still plenty needed to turn things around - come on boys, this one is there for the taking!

If you watch the footage of the McDonald mark, you can see he takes it well inside the forward 50, and then Maynard - without the excuse of momentum carrying him forward - deliberately plonks his feet right on the 50m line. The "moments that matter" video is slightly cropped so you don't quite see Maynard having to be asked a couple of times to come back to where the mark was taken.

Different circumstances, but arguably that could have been a 50m penalty too, by the letter of the law. I'm glad it wasn't, and ultimately it didn't matter because McDonald converted anyway. But yet another illustration of how the "letter of the law" is often not strictly applied.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy A win for the true believers - swans down pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back