Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Money talks?

Yep. I also think some of the background to why these players were let go will flow more freely among the players than it does to us mug punters.

Good luck at the kennel Adz. Really hope he absolutely tears it up. Even against us.

It makes me sick that we shafted his contract and pushed him out when he really didn’t want to go. Pick 14 better end up being an absolute jet. Gutted.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just to be clear, we have effectively traded AT for about pick 60 plus we are paying him 1.5 mill.

It's official ladies and gentlemen - we have traded Treloar out effectively for nothing at all. Value of future second round pick is effectively cancelled out by the points deficit from the other trade we've done with the Dogs of pick 14 for picks 26, 33 and 42.

Yep, effectively about pick 60 PLUS we are paying 1.5 over 5.
Breathtaking, isn't it?

Just to be clear, we have effectively traded AT for about pick 60 plus we are paying him 1.5 mill.

Pretty sure it's more like 300k next year and between 50-200k/yr (increasing) in following years......basically anything >600k. He wasn't on 900k for 5 years as some journos are running with - just a big catch up in 2021 and then back to his regular contract.

That's my best read from all the various "sources" out there.

I think we have cleared that much cap out that most of our ‘IOUs’ to players will be paid out next year.

So Adz has confirmed that Bucks told him that leaders wanted him out and he feels that was a lie to move him on at all costs. Still says he wish he could have finished his career at Collingwood.

Absolutely disgusted with our club right now. There’s being ruthless and then there’s just being downright deceitful.

The point was we clearly have questionable list management, so who knows what could happen still with a player who isn’t yet on the list.

I disagree. Disappointing to lose players like Treloar and Stevo but I've always been a critic of Phillips, have always said Treloar is our worst 2-way runner and poor defensively, and that Stevo has some elite aspects but his work rate within games and game-2-game is very hit and miss and he's another who is relatively poor defensively. None of them is irreplaceable. I'm really looking forward to seeing the progress of the kids we've added over recent years and who we bring in this draft.

Of the bad deals we struck yesterday,and they were all bad,the one that really sticks out for me is this Treloar deal.We gave up Treloar for pick 14 from the Bulldogs,but we had to sweeten the deal by throwing in picks 26,32 and 39 as well.Honestly,who deals like that?What was wrong with doing a straight up swap of Treloar for pick 14?That’s what most normal clubs would do.Why did we have to bend over twice to get this deal done?It just smacks of weakness and desperation.And by the way,it’s pretty hard to replenish your list if you’re giving away more draft picks than you get back,Just crazy stuff.

Of the bad deals we struck yesterday,and they were all bad,the one that really sticks out for me is this Treloar deal.We gave up Treloar for pick 14 from the Bulldogs,but we had to sweeten the deal by throwing in picks 26,32 and 39 as well.Honestly,who deals like that?What was wrong with doing a straight up swap of Treloar for pick 14?That’s what most normal clubs would do.Why did we have to bend over twice to get this deal done?It just smacks of weakness and desperation.And by the way,it’s pretty hard to replenish your list if you’re giving away more draft picks than you get back,Just crazy stuff.

I agree , if we were truly replenishing. We really needed picks 26 and 32. Instead our next pick after that is in the 60s or something ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually bent over 3 times if the 300k we are paying is true,

I gather it would have been the only way Dogs would give up 14. They needed points for JUH. Those later 3 picks give them plenty of points to match an early bid. We wanted another 2020 first round inside 20. So that’s what we had to give.

In affect we only got a future 2nd for Adz. BS.

I gather it would have been the only way Dogs would give up 14. They needed points for JUH. Those later 3 picks give them plenty of points to match an early bid. We wanted another 2020 first round inside 20. So that’s what we had to give.

In affect we only got a future 2nd for Adz. BS.

In the end the value of that future second was almost entirely negated by the DVI points deficit coming out of the pick swap for 2020 picks. The kicker is now we don't have anything to match a bid for Reef if it comes after pick 15 and thus we'd have to trade back into the second round this year to match a bid on him.

Upshot of it all is that we effectively traded Treloar out for pretty much zero return.

Money talks?

Yes money talks, but the list management team have basically shown the AFL world that they won't pay up if it's not convenient for the TPP.

Big offers will now look shaky and insecure.

Treloar should be livid. Was promised a big pay day after playing for unders only to be given away like a red-headed stepchild when he was due to pull in the dollars.

I gotta say... hard to keep feeling passion for the club with the way we treated Adam. Heartbreaking, tbh. Just feel really flat right now. Can’t imagine cheering for the team or spending money on tickets next year when the club acts this way to a player who loved Collingwood.

Really at a loss. Mate suggested I join him supporting Brisbane and it almost seemed like a good idea :(

And to think I vehemently defended Bucks after Sam Edmund's story on Bucks telling Treloar senior players didn't want him at the club.

What an arrogant, deceitful campaigner Bucks is turning out to be if what Treloar is saying is true. If there is any veracity to Treloar's statement then Bucks needs to be ejected from the club immediately, with extreme prejudice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back