Adelaide Vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming Bassett, Begley & M Stevens are OK to play. If the Hound or Stevo can't play, bring in Watts. If Begley doesn't come up, probably keep Shirley ahead of Mattner (given Schuey didn't have a good game for the Bays).

IN: Reilly, M Stevens, Rutten, Torney
OUT: Welsh, Ladhams, Mattner, Shirley

B: Begley, Bassett, Hart
HB: Hentschel, McGregor, Massie
C: Reilly, Ricciuto, Doughty
HF: Jericho, M Stevens, Carey
F: Edwards, Rutten, Skipworth
R: Clarke, Stenglein, McLeod

I: Hudson, Bock, Torney, Johncock

Originally posted by Jars458
Out - Welsh Ladhams Mattner Skipworth

Ins - Torney Rutten M Stevens Bode

Torney is an absolute must fro me. His attack on the ball and courage would be welcome.

Rutten needs to be given a go as a marking forward cause by gees we are strugglin in that area when Carey is foreced to play one on one.

Totally agree with your comments on Torney.

Rutten should be given a go at FF to see whether he can make it at AFL level, because if he is to suceed, because of his lack of pace, this is the one spot that he just might.

Mark Stevens and Bode would add some grunt at getting the ball in the air and on the ground respectively.

I'd add Reilly to the INS and Shirley to the OUTS to add a bit of pace.

The team certainly looks a lot stronger on paper then.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
As macca23 said Rutten would ge chewed up at CHB. The only position he can play in the AFL is FF.

Has anyone heard how did Stevo pull up from the game?????? If he has pulled up OK then its hard to ignore his 8 goal performace. He was fantastc. I guess the risk with all this is that players coming back from a long injury lay-off generally come out firing in their first game and struggle for a month after that.

Having thought about it for the last day and how we struggled to take a mark in our forward 50 I reakon take the risk and pinch hit Stevo off the bench, if he is doing okay in the first quarter maybe give him a bit more time, I dont think we can wait any longer we entered our forward 50 so many times on Friday night just to turn it over due to the fact nobody could take a contested mark and we had nobody crumbing,I would think maybe drop Bock in favour of Stevo, or if Welsh gets rubbed out(which I highly doubt) bring Stevo in for him, Perrie and Burton can bide their timein the SANFL

Originally posted by Jars458
Out - Welsh Ladhams Mattner Skipworth

Ins - Torney Rutten M Stevens Bode

Torney is an absolute must fro me. His attack on the ball and courage would be welcome.

Rutten needs to be given a go as a marking forward cause by gees we are strugglin in that area when Carey is foreced to play one on one.

I like your in's except Bode, I'd prefer to have Ladhams in the side,agree Torney is a must he is a great player who really gets in and has a go and knows how to get the ball effectively out of our defensive 50;)

I can't see what the major issue is with skipworth passing off the first mark he took on 50.

He happend to pass it to his captain and we goal a goal out of this play.

Second one took a little longer.

Perhaps the team rule is if you are on your distance pass off - by hand or foot instead of kicking a rushed point.

He also is a good pass.

Having said all that I do not think he will be a matchwinner, BUT should and will, be given a another game.

Begley says he will be fine to play against Hawks :D

Reilly, Schuback, Torney and Rutten are musts to come in.

Gee Stiffy, I wouldn't call Schuback a must to come in.

His form in the SANFL hasn't been overly great, and what position do we desperately need him in??

As for Rutten, another who isn't a must, although I would pick him at FF. Stevo to start on the bench, and alternate with rutten at FF.

Originally posted by macca23
1. Gee Stiffy, I wouldn't call Schuback a must to come in.

2. His form in the SANFL hasn't been overly great, and what position do we desperately need him in??

3. As for Rutten, another who isn't a must, although I would pick him at FF. Stevo to start on the bench, and alternate with rutten at FF.
1. I would. He is one of our better youngster and as such should get a game ahead of a couple of others.

2. Since when has form been a priority for the match comittee?????? Mattner didn't have a great form but he got in to do a job. Schuback's form hasn't been bad but it has been solid. We desperatly need a crumber who is capable of playing in front of a key forward for a change. Schuey has proved himself to be a very capable crumbing forward. People say he ad a shocker yesterday but he still managed to kick 3 goals. Gee, I would loe a crumber to kick a couple of goals for the crows ;)

3. Every youngsters on a list is a must. We are obviously in rebuilding phase so we should give yougsters a chance. We couldn't do any worse with playing Rutten. Hell he might provide us with a target that can mark the ball and is a reliable kick for goals. Pretenders such as Welsh shoud be dropped to get their priorities right.

I reckon Stevo is a shoe in this week.

Originally posted by noddy
I would love to see Stevo back this week but do you think the club will sit on the side of caution & give him another week or 2 to build up match condition & full confidence in his knee???
I think they will seriously consider playing him. I watched the game and he really tested that knee out. He started off a bit cautious but as the game went on he really tested it. He even "stabbed" it into the ground a few times. If he struggled to perform with the eagles then they probably wouldn't rush him but he was just about BOG and kicked 8 goals and coule have easily kicked 10.

I reckon they would get him in straight away.

I think they will seriously consider playing him. I watched the game and he really tested that knee out. He started off a bit cautious but as the game went on he really tested it. He even "stabbed" it into the ground a few times. If he struggled to perform with the eagles then they probably wouldn't rush him but he was just about BOG and kicked 8 goals and coule have easily kicked 10.

I reckon they would get him in straight away.

Ayres said tonight on the telly that Stevo would be seriously considered for this week.

Goody is now out for an indefinite period as his injury is not responding as hoped. :(

Originally posted by macca23
Ayres said tonight on the telly that Stevo would be seriously considered for this week.

Goody is now out for an indefinite period as his injury is not responding as hoped. :(

Great news on Stevo

But ****e news on Goody, was it a calf or thigh injury he suffered ?? been that long since he done it i've forgot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People say he ad a shocker yesterday but he still managed to kick 3 goals.
His 10 minute spurt midway through the last quater broke the game.
the rest of his game though??:confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

Originally posted by noddy
Great news on Stevo

But ****e news on Goody, was it a calf or thigh injury he suffered ?? been that long since he done it i've forgot.

It was an adductor muscle, noddy, in the groin, stomach region. Looks like he must have torn it right away.

Originally posted by jc67
His 10 minute spurt midway through the last quater broke the game.
the rest of his game though??:confused: :rolleyes: :eek:
Where did he play. I assume he played forward for the majority or all of the game.

As a forward pocket you only need a little burst to break the game. I would love him to play at the feet of Carey. He will kick you a couple and actually chase the players once they have the ball. His pace won't hurt either.

As a forward pocket you only need a little burst to break the game. I would love him to play at the feet of Carey. He will kick you a couple and actually chase the players once they have the ball. His pace won't hurt either.
He doesn't strike me as that type of player. Looks to be more a straight line running midfielder/HB in the Goody style?

Where did he play. I assume he played forward for the majority or all of the game.
Correct but he run up the ground a lot, and his goals ( i only saw 2 must have been gettind a pie for the other?) were from very deep and long ( a flank position)
As a forward pocket you only need a little burst to break the game.
also correct but he was chasing kicks a lot further out
I would love him to play at the feet of Carey.
me too he would be good for at least 2 . [/B][/QUOTE]
he is a very fit man!

Originally posted by Wayne's-World
He doesn't strike me as that type of player. Looks to be more a straight line running midfielder/HB in the Goody style?
He has been playing as a forward crumber/onballer prior to this year where he has been playing a fair bit across HB.

When he played that role he was usually good for a couple. Last year he even kicked a bag of 5 or 6 on a couple of occasions. Surely he must know where the goals are :p

He has been playing as a forward crumber/onballer prior to this year where he has been playing a fair bit across HB.

When he played that role he was usually good for a couple. Last year he even kicked a bag of 5 or 6 on a couple of occasions. Surely he must know where the goals are :p
I admit I haven't seen him as much as you, but he appears not to be the Liptak type of at the fall rover type????

Definetly not a Liptak type. To me, Schuey is a bit of a cross between Bode and Goody.
Yeah, I'd agree.
We don't really have that player who can read the ball of the pack, then accelerate.
Macca used to do it, Liptak was excellent, Stiffys pretty good, he should progress to the midfield, but no-one in the wings.

Recruiters don't like to recruit those type of players.
Think Krakour for Richmond is excellent.

Reilly, Schuback, Torney and Rutten are musts to come in.

I'd think Bode should be considered before the whole lot of them. :eek: If he doesn't come in this week, then I'm sorry, but yes, Ayer's does have a discrepancy against the little blonde-ster, or Bode has a non showing injury, aka O.P. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back