List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it you're on the same plane ??

Wouldn't surprise me if he was part of some trade, however it does seem odd that a tall defender would be looking to get to GWS when they appear well stocked.

Id say one of their young KPD's will leave, Sam Shaw+2nd rounder for Davis ?? Probably not enough but that would be my opening bid.

So because he was on a plane from Sydney to Adelaide it means we're trading him?
Why would he be in Sydney on a Thursday in August if not to speak with another club? AFL players aren't just allowed to get up and go on holiday during the week.

This was my thought...... why would they want him ?? Even if Davis is to come back here they have more than enough cover without resorting to trading in Sam Shaw. Or is he going to the other mob in Sydney......... They can turn unwanteds into good players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was my thought...... why would they want him ?? Even if Davis is to come back here they have more than enough cover without resorting to trading in Sam Shaw. Or is he going to the other mob in Sydney......... They can turn unwanteds into good players.

Here are their tall defenders (190+ cm). If you take Davis (rumoured to want out) and Plowman (uncontracted - assuming he's heading elsewhere) then I can see why they would want a 194cm replacement OR at least a look at him!

39 Mohr, Tim 196cm 101kg Defender
1 Davis, Phil 196cm 96kg Defender
35 Corr, Aidan 194cm 85kg Defender
38 Gilham, Stephen 192cm 86kg Defender
30 Plowman, Lachlan 192cm 84kg Defender
15 Golds, Tim 191cm 81kg Defender

Here are their tall defenders (190+ cm). If you take Davis (rumoured to want out) and Plowman (uncontracted - assuming he's heading elsewhere) then I can see why they would want a 194cm replacement OR at least a look at him!

39 Mohr, Tim 196cm 101kg Defender
1 Davis, Phil 196cm 96kg Defender
35 Corr, Aidan 194cm 85kg Defender
38 Gilham, Stephen 192cm 86kg Defender
30 Plowman, Lachlan 192cm 84kg Defender
15 Golds, Tim 191cm 81kg Defender

Not to mention Gilham will retire most likely and Golds has played only 1 or 2 games.

Could be any number of reasons why he was on a plane from Sydney to Adelaide. However, realistically, he has zero trade value.

I'm not suggesting he has value, I'm just saying that this might add some value to the rumours.

If Davis/Cameron/Plowman have requested a trade to Adelaide then we would have to start sending any players open to a move to Sydney for medicals/interviews.

I'm not suggesting he has value, I'm just saying that this might add some value to the rumours.

If Davis/Cameron/Plowman have requested a trade to Adelaide then we would have to start sending any players open to a move to Sydney for medicals/interviews.
I agree. I would be over the moon if we managed to pull some value out of him, especially if it helped us secure Davis.

How did you make that connection?

What's the link

Travelling with a club official, to a city where two big rumours have come out of (Davis/Cameron), Noble was at the GWS v Geelong game a few weeks back with binoculars in hand, players have similar physical attributes and play similar positions on the ground (Davis/Plowman), he's Victorian so I doubt his family live in Sydney, GWS are low on tall defenders if Davis/Plowman leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back