List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellas. A little bit of shameless self promotion here (so for that I do apologise) but I genuinely do care about the responses too!

I've been doing a bit of writing for boundforglorynews of late and tonight (starting from 7PM with F/S and academy selections and 8PM with the proper draft) we're doing a live phantom draft on Twitter (#BFGNDraft) and on BFGN (updated every 10 picks - at this link).

There are 6 of us drafting and we've all taken a top, middle and bottom 6 team and as a supporter I've ended up with us. I was just wondering what you guys wanted so I can factor that in!

At the moment I'm looking for a KPD to partner talia and some outside skill and pace. Most of all though I'd be after two way players with some real composure

Any feedback or interest would be much appreciated :)

Skip
Jake Lever.

If I were considering another player from another team, I would be using my own physio - not the physio of the competitor!

I would be very surprised if players are having interviews before the end of the season - not sure it is even allowed by the AFLPA.

Why wouldn't they allow it? It's in the players interest. They can always say no if they're not open to a move.

Hey fellas. A little bit of shameless self promotion here (so for that I do apologise) but I genuinely do care about the responses too!

I've been doing a bit of writing for boundforglorynews of late and tonight (starting from 7PM with F/S and academy selections and 8PM with the proper draft) we're doing a live phantom draft on Twitter (#BFGNDraft) and on BFGN (updated every 10 picks - at this link).

There are 6 of us drafting and we've all taken a top, middle and bottom 6 team and as a supporter I've ended up with us. I was just wondering what you guys wanted so I can factor that in!

At the moment I'm looking for a KPD to partner talia and some outside skill and pace. Most of all though I'd be after two way players with some real composure

Skip

Good work mate, would be interested to read your summaries on why you made those picks. Didnt think you were a fan of Durdin though ?

Players fly interstate for various reasons all the time, just like players have a lot of surgery that isn't reported either. Teacup storm etc.

Uninjured, uncontracted players, to states where our list manager has been spotted recently?

I would be extremely surprised if we didn't trade with GWS at the end of the year. Not necessarily Shaw.

Skip

How good a job did you do!

Skippos - do we need to use a pick to get the Irish guy?

Mitch Robinson is done at Carlton, needs to get out of Melbourne. I'm not sold on him as a person, but would we look at him as a player seeing we already have some of his mates here?

Skippos - do we need to use a pick to get the Irish guy?

I hope not.

I don't even know where he's going, I think that's still undecided. I hope it's us though. He's got buckets of AFL relevant potential and is still really raw. Casey Byrne over at Carlton is looking good a few months in and quite simply McKenna is a much better player.

Sorry I'm missed this talk about McKenna.
Where can I find info on him?
What's his first name?
What can u tell me about him?

Also re the mock draft, I know you know more than most on here, but I'm not sure on Caleb Daniel. There's short and then there's short. Surely he could only play small forward at afl level and that's not a great need this draft IMO.

Nooooo to Robinson. Would look into Garlett before him. Betts might be able to get him to refocus. I think he could be a better on a wing than Mackay or Martin. If he came at bargain basement rates and I was convinced he wouldn't derail Charlie I wouldn't mind giving him a go on a short leash 1 strike basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Robinson is done at Carlton, needs to get out of Melbourne. I'm not sold on him as a person, but would we look at him as a player seeing we already have some of his mates here?
I don't reckon we need his matey influence at AFC.

Nooooo to Robinson. Would look into Garlett before him. Betts might be able to get him to refocus. I think he could be a better on a wing than Mackay or Martin. If he came at bargain basement rates and I was convinced he wouldn't derail Charlie I wouldn't mind giving him a go on a short leash 1 strike basis.

I'd take him on a 1 year contract if we could trade petrenko or mckernan for him.

Fair enough. Personally I think Robbo is done. Might get picked up by Suns or GWS for bargain basement. Garlett on the other hand would be a good get.
If we are all whining about our inability to hit targets and special talent for burning the ball...and in the very next thread talking about picking up Mitch Robinson...god help us.

If we are all whining about our inability to hit targets and special talent for burning the ball...and in the very next thread talking about picking up Mitch Robinson...god help us.

The only reason I'd want Mitch is for his toughness. And I wouldn't want to give up anything of value for him. Only a player we planned on delisting (pets/mckernan).

If that article is correct, and there are a few Victorian clubs looking at Lyons, we may yet get a decent pick for him from
a club desperate for contested ball winners.

If that article is correct, and there are a few Victorian clubs looking at Lyons, we may yet get a decent pick for him from
a club desperate for contested ball winners.
Good.

We either keep him & play him or trade him so he can have regular opportunity to play at afl level. Wasted dominating the sanfl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back