List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just because he's not kicking the ball doesnt mean hes not breaking the lines.

Soemtimes its just as important to break (or more beat in mackays case) the tackle, draw the 2nd opponent then handball to the free man.

This also is in line with our overuse of the footy over the past month.
ok, do you think he's been breaking the line over the last 3 weeks?

Lycett a done deal re-signing at the weagles and Goldsack open to coming to either SA club according to Ch9

Pretty silly comparison

Lyons is a very inside mid, his hands matter more than his kick.
Talia is a running defender who can't play. He can't defend and he can't kick. In his position he needs to do both!!

Lyons has the tools he needs for his position and is being held out of the team by real quality and competition in his position.

Who exactly are the famous doggies KPD keeping Talia out of the side

There is no sensible comparison between Lyons and Talia.

Talia can fill a role (even as a depth player if cheap enough) as an attacking tall defender. He can still rebound without being a great kicker. He can run off his man and handball to a better kicker. Someone has to start the run so he wouldn't be completely useless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd happily go for Goldsack. Free Agent's are a free hit and as long as they can play a role it's a no brainer.

He is 193cm, can play tall or small, forward or back, good speed, good long kick, and he's great tackler. I'd have him as our 3rd tall defender before Otten. He has the speed to keep right up with his opponent (rather than trail his opponent) and would provide some rebound to help our rebounding defenders.

Hendo, Jaensch and Smith can often get caught out defensively after a turnover because so much is expected on them to attack. If the ball is turned over they are often out of position. If 1 of the 3 talls could provide a bit of rebound it just takes some of the pressure of the others.

I'd happily go for Goldsack. Free Agent's are a free hit and as long as they can play a role it's a no brainer.

He is 193cm, can play tall or small, forward or back, good speed, good long kick, and he's great tackler. I'd have him as our 3rd tall defender before Otten. He has the speed to keep right up with his opponent (rather than trail his opponent) and would provide some rebound to help our rebounding defenders.

Hendo, Jaensch and Smith can often get caught out defensively after a turnover because so much is expected on them to attack. If the ball is turned over they are often out of position. If 1 of the 3 talls could provide a bit of rebound it just takes some of the pressure of the others.
Agree with this. We are seriously undermanned in defence, this guy is a experienced defender. Watched him against the Power and thought he was pretty solid. Yes for me

agreed. i see free agency as a minimal risk situation. as the post outlines, he's a great size and can play all over the ground. was he the one rumoured to want a trade last season or am i think of another decent sized utility?

Talked to Goldsack on a tour of the Collingwood facilities. Asked him if he was going to be leaving Collingwood and his reply was that he doesn't want to leave, but Collingwood need to come to the table. So there's obviously a bit of distance between the two parties on length or size of contract.

Talked to Goldsack on a tour of the Collingwood facilities. Asked him if he was going to be leaving Collingwood and his reply was that he doesn't want to leave, but Collingwood need to come to the table. So there's obviously a bit of distance between the two parties on length or size of contract.
Said as much on the radio the other day.

Talia can fill a role (even as a depth player if cheap enough) as an attacking tall defender. He can still rebound without being a great kicker. He can run off his man and handball to a better kicker. Someone has to start the run so he wouldn't be completely useless.

But if you can't defend, and you can't kick I can't see how much rebound you are providing

He's the anti-bock. He probably even respects women and remembers his mothers birthday

I realise its Jars and his rumours are more quantity and your bound to get one right sort of thing, but he mentioned last night a top 15 crows player who is at this moment unsigned and local has had a big offer put in front of him from the Dee's. Only player I could of the top of head think about was Jaensch. Jars also believes this player will knock it back.
I hope he takes it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back