List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can talk Giles down all you like, but a guy who wants to play and thinks he should be playing isn't going to voluntarily leave the reserves of one AFL club to play in the reserves of another AFL club for less money.

The only way he conceivably comes to us is if GWS delists him, and nobody with ruck issues shows interest

You can talk Giles down all you like, but a guy who wants to play and thinks he should be playing isn't going to voluntarily leave the reserves of one AFL club to play in the reserves of another AFL club for less money.

The only way he conceivably comes to us is if GWS delists him, and nobody with ruck issues shows interest

I dunno, he's one injury from a game with us and that's unlikely to change. Soon I reckon Lobb and perhaps Phillips/Downie will be ahead of him in the pecking order there.

I personally don't want us to go after Giles, but if I were playing reserves footy I'd probably want to be playing it at home.

I dunno, he's one injury from a game with us and that's unlikely to change.

And in 3 years with us Jacobs has missed a single game. We're not an attractive option for a ruckman who believes he should be playing every week, nor can we afford to make ourselves attractive with the three players coming off contract next year.

Why are Lyons and Petrenko both being linked to Melbourne? Is it because we have already traded Vince and Riley?

Because the Demons are shit and lack players who give 100% effort, the sole attribute that can be ascribed to Petrenko.

The Demons are basically a league wide fan clearing house for players that aren't quite good enough for your team, but you feel sorry for them and reckon they could make a go of it at a team with less players to keep him out.

Petracca is an absolute gun of a player. Would love him at the Crows but most pundits have him in the top 3 picks this year. Wonder if we could use our pick 9-11 and add a player to move up higher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me either. Only game I really saw him play was the granny a few years back. Looked like just what we need that day.
Posted here before lyons for toump is a rumour ive heard 4th hand from a current player atvl the dees.

Burns the ball, gives away stupid frees and gets reported and then lies when he is on an all night bender...FFS, why would we want him?

Because Winguard's lip would start quivering everytime he came within 20m of him.

But yeah you're right, no other reason.

Why are Lyons and Petrenko both being linked to Melbourne? Is it because we have already traded Vince and Riley?

Lyons is linked to Melbourne because:

a) they wanted him last year
b) his dad used to play for them
c) they lack inside mids and Roos has said they will be actively trading for them

These 3 players I would target
Reid of Sydney would cost a arm and a leg would fit in at C/H/B Sydney have plenty of Talls and can play forward or back
Leroy Jedda from Essendon could take Wright or Martins place would complement Betts and Cameron in the F/Line
S.Tape from G/Coast would slot nicely in Reilly's place H/B/Flank ex under 18 tns Captain

Toump would be a great get. I can see him bring a bit like polec. Elite junior whose first few years at AFL were hampered by injury and a crap development environment. Wonder if Lyons + second rounder would satisfy Roos?

These 3 players I would target
Reid of Sydney would cost a arm and a leg would fit in at C/H/B Sydney have plenty of Talls and can play forward or back
Leroy Jedda from Essendon could take Wright or Martins place would complement Betts and Cameron in the F/Line
S.Tape from G/Coast would slot nicely in Reilly's place H/B/Flank ex under 18 tns Captain
I think anyone who suggests recruiting leroy jetta deserves a thread ban. Sorry.

God hurry up trade week. I feel like we're just stagnating atm and really need to turn this list over. And get our new list man named. And our new CEO. Bring on 2015.

I really hope Thommo retires so junior can get entrenched in the 18. And Lyons for Toumpas would be an excellent result for both kids. Imagine Toumpas and Garlett on the wings instead of Martin and MacKay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back