Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Essendon > 30 pts

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why I'm shocked that Essendon are getting smacked. No Ward, Kelly or Haynes. And No more Lobb or Shiel. That's 5 of your top 10 players who are not there today.
Lobb was nowhere near one of their top 10 players.

I’m just gonna say it, and it’s purely an observation. Essendon are a soft, outside team. Not one bloke was prepared to do the hard stuff that half. If it doesn’t piss down with rain soon, the way these guys go about it, 10 goal plus loss coming up.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

This is why I'm shocked that Essendon are getting smacked. No Ward, Kelly or Haynes. And No more Lobb or Shiel. That's 5 of your top 10 players who are not there today.
Essendon are the sort of team who will come back and kick 6 goals in 10 minutes so I'm not writing them off yet, but it seems as though when they're challenged physically they can crumble. They're at their best when there's no player accountability - generally winning high scoring matches.

Don’t know why they get so hyped. They lack elite talent. How many of their players would realistically be top fifty in the competition? Merrett, Smith and Heppell might scrape in, but you could easily argue that they don’t. I personally wouldn’t have any.
Heppell isn’t a top 50 player by anybody’s standards. Slow and uninspiring as a leader as well.

Nobody rates their own players like Essendon supporters though.

Heppell isn’t a top 50 player by anybody’s standards. Slow and uninspiring as a leader as well.

Nobody rates their own players like Essendon supporters though.
I dunno. the media has been giving us a run for our money.
I liked Mick McGuane's prediction for us finishing 11th. breathe of reasonable fresh air

Poor forward line
poor skills
Poor inside 50 delivery
no intensity

Not sure why anyone is surprised by this.

Shiel 10 disposals, 8 uncontested possessions, 50% disposal efficiency. A bit underwhelming so far for a big name recruit.
He looks a bit lost with his new teamates. He did in the JLT games as well. He's very creative and relies a lot upon interacting with his fellow mids. Seems to me he's struggling to anticipate them and their running Patterns.

Was similar for Mitchell when he moved to the Hawks, It'll sort itself in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why anyone is surprised by this.
I certainly wasn't. Think media has set Dons up to fail. In reality, they have a list with a lot of potential, but it is going to take more than one round to build something special.

He looks a bit lost with his new teamates. He did in the JLT games as well. He's very creative and relies a lot upon interacting with his fellow mids. Seems to me he's struggling to anticipate them and their running Patterns.

Was similar for Mitchell when he moved to the Hawks, It'll sort itself in time.
probably doesnt help that our system very closely resembles the chaos of an under 8's Auskick game.
How you get synergy with that i dont know.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2019 Round 1, Greater Western Sydney v Essendon, 3:20pm AEDT GS

Back