Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Melbourne > 30 pts

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Once Kennedy gets continuity he will likely be used as a full time midfielder, but he’s been good as a half forward the last 2 weeks. If he stays fit he has so much potential. It’s quite clear that Carlton really do need a quality small forward though. It’s the only area holding them back.

Facts are facts you can dispute the truth but it is still the truth.

I don't say it like you had a full functional best 22 I just laughed at it being used as an excuse when neither did we.

fact is you lost and is noway deserved to win.

Blaming the umpires just makes you look more bitter.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Oh here we go with his outliers ruling his analysis again. Strangely it seems to come out to Carlton's detriment every time.

View attachment 705173
Great table but aren’t u suppose to back it up with some sort of statistics example median compared to average. Median would prove ur theory correct or incorrect.

They gave them 4 goals in the 3rd term to open it from.a 2 goals to a 6 goal game, what did we get a goal from.setterfield being thrown to the ground when casboult had marked.the ball anyway so it made no difference.

U came out even in the free kick count . Phenomenal effort considering we had doubled your possession count at half time and had and over 50% more possessions up until 3/4 time 198/304!

Last edited:
Great table but aren’t u suppose to back it up with some sort of statistics example median compared to average. Median would prove ur theory correct or incorrect.

No it wouldn't - it's about concentration of players at those peak ages. Generally 23 - 27 years old.

14 Melbourne players to 5 Carlton at prime age.

We had a bunch of kids aged between 19-22 and some old farts.

You deserved to win, played better footy for longer etc. The question is how much better will we get over the next 12-24 months as Curnow, H, Cuningham, Silvagni, SPS, LOB, Kennedy, Weiterbot, Marchbank etc enter their prime?

Liked, Learnt, Hated is up:

Summarise your weekend of footy.

I'm not claiming anything with my table. I do them for every match for the Carlton board.

The only 2 things I claim are that a raft of older players sway the averages unfairly and that peak ages are generally around 24-27.

I'm happy for people to argue for or against those notions.

Such a rubbish game.
Blues in lala land for 2.5 - 3 quarters. Couldn't get a hand on it, and coughed it up badly when they did.
Umpire howlers all day. Feels like they tried to even it out late, but the job had been done by then.
Dees should really have been 10+ up by 3QT, given the Blues general ineptitude and the umpiring. The fact they weren't is a worry for them too I guess.
1 quarter of dash nearly stole it (against a short bench, admittedly), and then they **** the bed in the last 2 minutes.

Some positives to take out for both sides, but so much facepalm all round.

According to Carlton fans the score should have read

Carlton 15.10 100
Melbourne 3.15 33

After all we did get given 12 goals by the umps, hell that would have been a pretty impressive scoreline for a team who only played one decent quarter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're going to write drivel like you did, expect the type of response that you got.

'Pies season over, box of tissues coming your way'...

I notice you didn't (or couldn't) answer the question.
It's funny you should say that because the post you quoted was in response to some absolute drivel.

What's funny about my post is that it is true, your season is falling apart and you are coming in here to take solace in a Carlton loss.

It's funny you should say that because the post you quoted was in response to some absolute drivel.

What's funny about my post is that it is true, your season is falling apart and you are coming in here to take solace in a Carlton loss.
Yep, falling apart yet currently sitting 3rd.

What would a Carlton supporter give to be in that position?

You lost- as it is usual for pretty much every game you've played in the last half a decade now- but amusingly you're still melting over it 48 hours later. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

But of course it's all the umpires fault and injuries and not at all because of Carlton's unforced errors or spuds like McGovern earning 500,000k a year to rack up half a dozen possies a game :$:$:$

Pathetic effort from Carlton, couldn't even beat an injury decimated bottom 4 Melbourne. LOL.

You lost- as it is usual for pretty much every game you've played in the last half a decade now- but amusingly you're still melting over it 48 hours later. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

But of course it's all the umpires fault and injuries and not at all because of Carlton's unforced errors or spuds like McGovern earning 500,000k a year to rack up half a dozen possies a game :$:$:$

Pathetic effort from Carlton, couldn't even beat an injury decimated bottom 4 Melbourne. LOL.
lol, nice try though

The question is how much better will we get over the next 12-24 months as Curnow, H, Cuningham, Silvagni, SPS, LOB, Kennedy, Weiterbot, Marchbank etc enter their prime?
For Carlton’s sake hopefully a lot

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL 2019 Round 16: Carlton v Melbourne, 1:10pm AEST MCG

Back