Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Collingwood > 30 pts

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This isn't a mud-slinging match mate. I was making a specific point about Richmond fans and their constant complaints about the free kick count.

Sure we have some idiot fans, but none of them even come close to biaseddustyfan who's lauded on your board when he's one of the least knowledgeable posters on all of BigFooty and gets away with incessant trolling in matchday threads on the main board. We've got one idiot like that on our board and everyone hates him. A stark contrast.

Take off the blinkers champ, plenty of idiots on both boards. If you can't see that then maybe you are one of them.

Every team has their idiotic supporters, but Richmond seem to have more than all the other clubs combined, and I think most people that visit the MB would agree with me.

I can guarantee you that whilst some are genuine idiots the majority are firmly taking the piss.

Mate, how do you expect him to pick up the ball? He isn’t Inspector Gadget.

That shouldn't be a high free as they were both moving towards the ball at each other, how else is someone supposed to tackle or go for the ball while someone in moving in their direction? Let themselves knock their heads together?

There was no significant premeditated infringement, just as a no prior in a tackle.

No-one refers to the free kick count more than Richmond fans around here.

Apparently you're reemed by the umpires every week and it has nothing to do with your gamestyle in which you constantly give away careless free kicks.

I do agree that the free kick count without context is meaningless though. I just had to point out the irony of it coming from a Richmond fan. I don't like lumping all fans together but no Richmond fans ever call these morons out or acknowledge that the way you play is what leads to the free kick count usually going against you.

Instead of buddying up all the time and upvoting eachothers troll posts constantly some of you should try to be the voice of reason for a change. When an absolute moron like biaseddustyfan has a 5:1 post/like ratio, all likes coming from Richmond fans, then it reflects really poorly on you lot. Idiots like that get get shunned on our board yet get nothing but pats on the back from Richmond fans.
I cant speak for other Tiger fans, I will sometimes criticize individual decisions but very rarely complain about the umpiring favouring teams in my own games. Maybe some others do, but I'm not going to attack them in a game day thread. I get why fans get frustrated, I just dont like to play that card for my own team.

As a neutral however, I can call it out more as I see it, because I cant be accused of being a one-eyed bias fan. I hate both these teams lol.

On topic:

Excellent game. Was on the edge of my seat for the majority of it. Shiels kicking is a real concern, and they probably win if he uses it better.

Umpires some shockers both ways, favouring the Pies in general play, and favouring the Bombers in front of goal. Probably cancel each other out at the end of the day.

Who cares about booing. Not that big of a deal IMO.

If they can maintain that level, Dons are the real deal. We had a lot of players down and don’t think we were at our best, but we also didn’t play badly, Dons got well on top for the second half of the game. Not sure they were at their best either, definitely not in the first half...

Daniher is a real player, and f*ck me he actually kicked straight, first time I’ve seen it happen. He’ll be a weapon if he keeps it up.

Take off the blinkers champ, plenty of idiots on both boards. If you can't see that then maybe you are one of them.

One of the points I made in my initial post was that I don't like lumping all fans together and that Richmond fans do themselves no favors by lauding an absolute ******* like biaseddustyfan. I like Richmond and praise you guys regularly on the main board.

I was one of a small handful of fans in 2017 giving it to opposition supporters here who did nothing but talk shit about Richmond and did nothing but try to take away from your wins in the finals. Some of my favorite posters on BigFooty are Richmond fans. When you all stick up for and celebrate an idiot like biaseddustyfan then it reflects poorly on all of you. If our supporters make stupid comments then generally we call them out on it, we don't celebrate it like you guys do with biaseddustyfan and at-least 5 other regulars from the main board who do nothing but troll and only ever get likes from their fellow Richmond fans.

How can you guarantee that? More likely, you can simply offer your view.

It's also an admission that he lets incessant trolling from his fellow supporters go unpunished. I know it's only a handful of posters, but who trolls and derails gameday threads more than Richmond fans? Never even a friendly warning to get back on topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's also an admission that he lets incessant trolling from his fellow supporters go unpunished. I know it's only a handful of posters, but who trolls and derails gameday threads more than Richmond fans? Never even a friendly warning to get back on topic.

Have i not spent the last 5 weeks trying to stop people crapping on about free kicks and the like.

And besides that I'm not a main board mod.

Also you seem pretty triggered by a bloke who has only posted on the main board 144 times and in game day threads 134 times......

Last edited:
That shouldn't be a high free as they were both moving towards the ball at each other, how else is someone supposed to tackle or go for the ball while someone in moving in their direction? Let themselves knock their heads together?

There was no significant premeditated infringement, just as a no prior in a tackle.
Get to the footy first? Win the hardball instead of staying up and getting the other player high?

Merrett came barging in carelessly and got the opposition high. Why’re you even arguing about it? No-one else found it dubious.

15654614-8359-4AE1-9A8D-12777F9F8A43.jpeg

Next time don’t try tackling front on like that.

In hindsight.. I think the umpires just put the whistle away, and it was Collingwood making all the errors in the 4th with the HTB and high tackles on Tippa, etc. It is perceived as the umpires favoring Collingwood, but it's just that Essendon were playing cleaner at that point and making less of these types of mistakes. Essendon's mistakes revolved more around turn overs and poor ball use - no umpiring influence. Where as Collingwood's mistakes were HTB and high tackling, and I feel like either the umpires were told to let them play on more and not call free kicks... or the umpires were caught up in the game and didn't want to slow it down with free kicks. Notice there was only 1 or 2 50 metre penalties for the entire game? And for a physical game like this where there were A LOT of contests and a lot of contested ball situations, 14 - 17 free kicks is quite a low number.

So to sum up... maybe the umpires were advised by someone high up to ease up on free kicks and 50's in this game, and they got TOO relaxed on it, and these instances we saw with Crisp, Moore, Stephenson HTB were overlooked as they weren't blatant enough, when usually they would be frees.

Just watched the replay,and didn't care who won, but if I was an Essendon fan I woukld be filthy with the bias shown towards Collingwood by the "Umpires".
Those umps should never do a game again this year. F..king cheating incompetence.....

I cant speak for other Tiger fans, I will sometimes criticize individual decisions but very rarely complain about the umpiring favouring teams in my own games. Maybe some others do, but I'm not going to attack them in a game day thread. I get why fans get frustrated, I just dont like to play that card for my own team.

As a neutral however, I can call it out more as I see it, because I cant be accused of being a one-eyed bias fan. I hate both these teams lol.
I’m still waiting for your response to my post that was in response to yours.

I’ll refresh your memory...

Another one who lacks the understanding that a free kick count means nothing without context.

It was about the fees that werent paid to the Bombers in critical, game defining moments.

What were your thoughts on the Baguley free that resulted in a goal? Or the Guelfi free that resulted in a goal?

Fair?

Now point out what frees the umps missed that would’ve resulted in an Essendon goal.

I’ll be waiting all night..

You’re not one-eyed, so I’m curious to know your thoughts re the above calls.

That's something a person that supports a team full of duckers would say to divert attention from their own backyard ;)

I know it’s pointless to argue a point with a hawks supporter...but I’ll try anyway . Selwood is the expert of the arm lift as an evasive manoeuvre, which is quite different to the “duck into a tackle” technique used by Lindsay Thomas, Puopolo and Sicily. Although, Sicily has removed this action from his game thankfully.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2019 Round 6: Essendon v Collingwood, 3:20pm AEST MCG

Back