Autopsy AFL 2020 R2 Pies V Tigers Thursday 11th 7:40pm AEST (MCG) Teams Announced

Who will win and by how much?

• Richmond by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Collingwood by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Richmond by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Collingwood by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Richmond by a lot

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Collingwood by a lot

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

excited to see what Darcy Cameron can do. He will be up against it with the quality Richmond backline. Think this could be a low-scoring game actually

Stevo is a gun and behind the eight ball due to chronic fatigue. He would be in in a heartbeat if fully fit.
So a guy that has had 80 days from rd1 to get himself fit but still isn’t? I’d say it’s probably an attitude thing with him rather than fitness, this is the same bloke suspended for betting on a Collingwood game right?

Pies missing some important players & thank god we don't have to deal with "USA, USA!"
I think Caddy out hurts Tigers as we seem to be giving away alot of height & he would of helped atleast make Howe accountable when forward. I think we will be seeing a heap of intercepts from Howe & Moore unfortunately.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a guy that has had 80 days from rd1 to get himself fit but still isn’t? I’d say it’s probably an attitude thing with him rather than fitness, this is the same bloke suspended for betting on a Collingwood game right?
Possibly, but that's irrelevant. It still means another gun is missing from our line up two rounds into the season. I know you'd be happy to see him playing in a scratch match tonight. I love the way the Tiger fans downplay the absence of Cox too, as though he had one freakish night out. He has played well every time we play you bar that night it pissed down and we had Moore out and Roughhead off by quarter time and Lynch got off the leash against the beast we know as Sharenberg. :D
Oh and why did Richmond and Hawthorn chase Cox when he was uncontracted if he is such a dud? He is a key player in our line up and any one with a footy brain knows it. Again-Hardwick will be delighted to see him out.

Cox is no good, 1 good game in 4 years doesn’t make you a good player. Cameron will be an improvement no doubt.
I have to disagree. He has had more than one good game. He also adds to their structure & if he was playing it would seriously stretch our defence.
Him being out allows Astbury to go to Cameron & freeing up Grimes to take either Mihocek or the resting DeGoey. Personally don't see Cameron in the fwd line when DeGoey is resting there.

I have to disagree. He has had more than one good game. He also adds to their structure & if he was playing it would seriously stretch our defence.
Him being out allows Astbury to go to Cameron & freeing up Grimes to take either Mihocek or the resting DeGoey. Personally don't see Cameron in the fwd line when DeGoey is resting there.
If he has I’ve failed to see them. If he was playing Cameron wouldn’t be so astbury would have gone to cox which still would have freed grimes to go to degooey. I’d be happy to see cox playing tmrw night, lightening rarely strikes twice.

If he has I’ve failed to see them. If he was playing Cameron wouldn’t be so astbury would have gone to cox which still would have freed grimes to go to degooey. I’d be happy to see cox playing tmrw night, lightening rarely strikes twice.
Yeah realised that after i wrote it so had to edit it by stating not sure if they would play both talls when DeGoey is down there.
Who knows mate you might be right but I'd still rather play against a debutant than a guy who destroyed us atleast once.
As I mentioned in another post, I feel their height could worry us anyway especially if dry conditions & they start controlling the air.

Yeah realised that after i wrote it so had to edit it by stating not sure if they would play both talls when DeGoey is down there.
Who knows mate you might be right but I'd still rather play against a debutant than a guy who destroyed us atleast once.
As I mentioned in another post, I feel their height could worry us anyway especially if dry conditions & they start controlling the air.
I would have played soldo and Nank personally, big ask for soldo to go up against the best ruck in the league who also has someone in to give him a chop out. Time will tell.

Just on the Goey (and Billy) expect some midfield minutes from those two. Won't be spending all game forward.

Who are the tiges going to use in the ruck when Soldo's on the pine? Or will they rest him forward and rotate with Tom?
Good question, there has been talk of Pickett which sounds ludicrous really. I know lynch has been doing some ruck work at training which sounds worse than Pickett. I’d imagine soldo will be playing 90% of the time with the shortened quarters but with grundys engine I can see him really being exploited. I hope we have a plan which I’m sure we have however to me it could backfire badly.

Good question, there has been talk of Pickett which sounds ludicrous really. I know lynch has been doing some ruck work at training which sounds worse than Pickett. I’d imagine soldo will be playing 90% of the time with the shortened quarters but with grundys engine I can see him really being exploited. I hope we have a plan which I’m sure we have however to me it could backfire badly.
Yeah the Pickett idea floating around in the media is pretty ridiculous. Atleast Grigg was 190cm odd. Probably Lynch would be the obvious one for very minimum time. Leaving Dusty & Jack up forward & Soldo properly resting on the pine.

My uneducated guess is that Dimma and his brains trust have drilled their mids into oppo sharking i:e what teams did to Grundy last year and what the hawks did to Nic Nat in their prem years.

Or (and I seriously doubt this), for want of a better term concede that Grundy will take the chocolates and take the hit at the centre bounces, and just attempt to pressure the next contest forward - like the tiges do. That's going to rely on poor Pies transition that invites tiger pressure.

Option 1 would be their preferred - evenly matched mid set up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 R2 Pies V Tigers Thursday 11th 7:40pm AEST (MCG) Teams Announced

Back