Autopsy AFL 2020 R2 Pies V Tigers Thursday 11th 7:40pm AEST (MCG) Teams Announced

Who will win and by how much?

• Richmond by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Collingwood by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Richmond by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Collingwood by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Richmond by a lot

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Collingwood by a lot

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox is no good, 1 good game in 4 years doesn’t make you a good player. Cameron will be an improvement no doubt.
He's an injured superstar player when it comes to Richmond though. I wouldn't be surprised if his highlights reel was just Richmond games.

Who are the tiges going to use in the ruck when Soldo's on the pine? Or will they rest him forward and rotate with Tom?

Like a few others have guessed, I'll guess it's Lynch, but Soldo will play most of the game. I wouldn't mind betting Grundy's setting himself for a big one. Soldo might have got the points decision in Rnd 19 last year, or at least did a good job limiting Grundy's impact.

Expect to see Shai Bolton in the Center Bounces

177cm Ruckman ;) Kid has a crazy leap

Maybe not centre bounces, but 100% we'll see him taking some ruck contests in F50, with Lynch and Riewoldt watching on. And he'll probably win one or two. Bloody amazing spring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sigh
6657845E-7AA9-4C32-BC01-D77C77928FCD.jpeg

I'm struggling to see how the Pies kick a good enough score to win this.

Lack of a true KPF leaves their forward structures looking subpar compared to Richmond and the other contenders this year (Eagles, Giants).

In order to win, they will need to be utterly dominant across the entire field to make up for what they are missing in their forward line.

Grundy, De Goey, and Pendlebury will need to be on from the first bounce if the Pies are to walk away with 4 points.

Ok so you are worried about an average player being on the injury list?

Your posts reveal a person lacking insight into what makes a footballer a valuable asset. Cox is crucial to our structure. Cox does not have to kick 5 every week to make an important contribution. Cox has had many good games. He was excellent the last time we beat you in RD 2 last year, following on from the prelim the year before. Don't you remember his classic shimmy after gathering the pill at ground level, bamboozling four Richmond defenders and snapping a goal over his shoulder at the start of the last quarter? Such a dud. Cox clearly worries Richmond's defense. They are often preoccupied with him and that takes the heat of DeGoey, Elliott, Mihocek and Stevo (when he is playing).

Cox is an excellent back up ruck for Grundy and allows him to catch a breather each quarter. He straightens us up. He is "go to" target for the long bomb when the heat is on. He provides an excellent target when we are kicking in from defense and often takes a grab down the line to ease the pressure. Cox would be an asset at any club. And you know it.

Your posts reveal a person lacking insight into what makes a footballer a valuable asset. Cox is crucial to our structure. Cox does not have to kick 5 every week to make an important contribution. Cox has had many good games. He was excellent the last time we beat you in RD 2 last year, following on from the prelim the year before. Don't you remember his classic shimmy after gathering the pill at ground level, bamboozling four Richmond defenders and snapping a goal over his shoulder at the start of the last quarter? Such a dud. Cox clearly worries Richmond's defense. They are often preoccupied with him and that takes the heat of DeGoey, Elliott, Mihocek and Stevo (when he is playing).

Cox is an excellent back up ruck for Grundy and allows him to catch a breather each quarter. He straightens us up. He is "go to" target for the long bomb when the heat is on. He provides an excellent target when we are kicking in from defense and often takes a grab down the line to ease the pressure. Cox would be an asset at any club. And you know it.

There is some truth to this. Richmond is not a tall team, while 2019 proved their back six are great intercepters, they are not overly tall, and their defenders have been shown up by big tall players who are able to dominate them aerially.

On the other hand - When a club says a player is "structurally" important, like what Buckley has said about Cox, it does suggest that player is more of a role player than in their team for their individual brilliance.

FWIW, I think you will miss him tonight and if I was a Pie I'd be hoping for a big debut from Cameron to make up for hole left from Cox.

I'd have Richmond favorites, but not by much if this was a normal H&A round 2 game.

The unusual circumstances of this game though mean it could be anything, so I have no confidence in anything to do with much of anything with regard to how it plays out.

Actually Cox, has been named emergency. Had bone bruising to the knee though
Only one genuine ruck for each side. Purely head to head you would think Grundy will smash Soldo around the ground and at ground level stoppages after the contest.

Bit of a risk from us, wouldn't surprise me to see Grundy close to BOG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 R2 Pies V Tigers Thursday 11th 7:40pm AEST (MCG) Teams Announced

Back