Autopsy AFL 2020 R2 Pies V Tigers Thursday 11th 7:40pm AEST (MCG) Teams Announced

Who will win and by how much?

• Richmond by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Collingwood by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Richmond by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Collingwood by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Richmond by a lot

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Collingwood by a lot

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the Pickett idea floating around in the media is pretty ridiculous. Atleast Grigg was 190cm odd. Probably Lynch would be the obvious one for very minimum time. Leaving Dusty & Jack up forward & Soldo properly resting on the pine.

Well that's the 64k question, are they going to rotate Ivan with Tom with limited pine time or rob peter to pay paul and rest dusty forward? (which has been successful anyway) Being shorter games they might gamble Ivan going with Grundy for 90% game time.

We have our own problems in the ruck, as much as Cox is maligned, he is structurally important and is a more than serviceable ruck back up. It's likely Naf will use Cameron as a back up to Grundy - hopefully not a deer in the headlights game for him. But there are options for ruck back up, Moore and Roughy come to mind, however that's a rob peter pay paul situation.

My uneducated guess is that Dimma and his brains trust have drilled their mids into oppo sharking i:e what teams did to Grundy last year and what the hawks did to Nic Nat in their prem years.

Or (and I seriously doubt this), for want of a better term concede that Grundy will take the chocolates and take the hit at the centre bounces, and just attempt to pressure the next contest forward - like the tiges do. That's going to rely on poor Pies transition that invites tiger pressure.

Option 1 would be their preferred - evenly matched mid set up.

Remember that Richmond spent the better part of the last 3 years playing with 1 ruck (and an undersized one at that...), so having the opposition win the tap out is pretty much 'Plan A' for us.

As for the Pies poor transition inviting Tiger pressure...I'd argue it's the other way around...Pressure causes poor transition (leading to more pressure).

These 2 points do flow together. Richmond doesn't tend to try and win ruck contests so much as just stop the opposition dominating them...Grundy can have the knockout, we just want to make sure the advantage gained from that is minimised, and as much pressure as possible is put on the resulting possession, so that the disposal (if any) is ripe for interception, or failing that, the opponent who receives it will also be under pressure (repeat as required).

Last edited:
Yes they do.
I think it is moreso that Richmond just don't seem to have many over the last four years save for the 10 week period at the start of last year (in which they were severely hampered).

I don't think Collingwood would have had more best 22 players out of the last four years than West Coast or GWS measuring by weeks missed.

Most of the injuries you guys have sustained are guys in your squad in the 16-28 bracket. So if they were all fit half would be missing anyway.

Cox injured also, so yeah injuries.
Cox is listed as omitted in the official teams.

Oh and why did Richmond and Hawthorn chase Cox when he was uncontracted if he is such a dud? He is a key player in our line up and any one with a footy brain knows it. Again-Hardwick will be delighted to see him out.
Cos we didn't have Lynch ;)

He's not a dud. A role player, everyone needs them.

Who are the tiges going to use in the ruck when Soldo's on the pine? Or will they rest him forward and rotate with Tom?
I'd say Soldo will do ~90% and Lynch will give him a chop out.

Possibly, but that's irrelevant. It still means another gun is missing from our line up two rounds into the season. I know you'd be happy to see him playing in a scratch match tonight. I love the way the Tiger fans downplay the absence of Cox too, as though he had one freakish night out. He has played well every time we play you bar that night it pissed down and we had Moore out and Roughhead off by quarter time and Lynch got off the leash against the beast we know as Sharenberg. :D
Oh and why did Richmond and Hawthorn chase Cox when he was uncontracted if he is such a dud? He is a key player in our line up and any one with a footy brain knows it. Again-Hardwick will be delighted to see him out.

Roughead played the entire first half, Cotchin was off in the first qtr for us with a hammy...

but i guess our captain being off that early doesnt mean anything huh? barely gets a mention when all we hear is about roughead as the reason you got pounded...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually Cox, has been named emergency. Had bone bruising to the knee though

did he play in the scratch match?

strange hes listed as omitted and is an emergency

Is there gonna be a crowd or empty?

tenor.gif

Possibly, but that's irrelevant. It still means another gun is missing from our line up two rounds into the season. I know you'd be happy to see him playing in a scratch match tonight. I love the way the Tiger fans downplay the absence of Cox too, as though he had one freakish night out. He has played well every time we play you bar that night it pissed down and we had Moore out and Roughhead off by quarter time and Lynch got off the leash against the beast we know as Sharenberg. :D
Only time we chased cox was when he came out from the USA before he signed with anyone. The most positive thing about him is his height, you only have to have a tiny bit of skill with height like his to make it. And he fits the bill of having a tiny bit of skill but he is tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 R2 Pies V Tigers Thursday 11th 7:40pm AEST (MCG) Teams Announced

Back