Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 10 - Suns v Saints Thurs August 6th 8:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints by a goal or less

• Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Suns by a lot

• Saints by a lot

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cracking game. Had everything. Pretty stark difference between that and the game that preceded it.

Because both coaches thankfully can't even spell 'defensive zones' nor do they deliberately leave players behind the ball etc., which nearly always results in entertaining footy....

Richmond didn't get rid of/let go of butler. They looked after a fringe player and got him to the club he wanted to go for cheap and on top of that waited till we'd done all 50 of the other trades we pulled off last year and accepted the scraps.

It's what good clubs do. I'm sure we'll be happy to return the favour in a couple years after a couple flags :D

Richmond didn't get rid of/let go of butler. They looked after a fringe player and got him to the club he wanted to go for cheap and on top of that waited till we'd done all 50 of the other trades we pulled off last year and accepted the scraps.

It's what good clubs do. I'm sure we'll be happy to return the favour in a couple years after a couple flags :D
100% Correct

Early stages Carlton were interested and Butler was allowed to tour princess park and when things didnt work out Saints came calling but didnt have the assets to do the deal and needed to wait until the end of the last day and Tigers would have taken #124 just to get Vutler to his club of choice.

Similar to other Richmond players currently plying for other clubs , Good to see Richmond arranging the equalisation of the league but contributing to developing clubs

Maybe the most enjoyable game I’ve seen this year.

Suns unlucky. Thought they were great in this game and the Dogs game and were unlucky to be on the losing end both times. Slowly drifting from the 8, hope they can win a few more games quick to stay in the hunt.

Was really impressed with St Kilda in preseason and thought they could be the big improvers this season. Wrote them off when they blew the North game. Probably should be 9-1 if we’re honest. Couple of tough games coming up with Geelong and Brisbane soon. Will be interesting to see if they can keep standing up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really good game of football, great to watch.

The game ebbed and flowed with massive momentum swings after half time.

Jack Steele really lifted in the 2nd half with his work around the ball. Hunter Clark's last 5 minutes was incredible, and Butler showed his credentials today with another terrific display - not just the 4 goals, but was laying tackles and applying pressure as he has been all season.

Greenwood and Miller were influential for the Suns, and Rankine gave them a spark, particularly in the 2nd half. Lovely hanger too

Glad to get away with the 4 points :)

matt rowell was the difference in this match. gg suns, you've become a bit of bogey side for us.

By far the best game of football this decade!! If nobody enjoyed that you must be a wowser.

I must be a wowser because I can’t say I enjoyed it and my heart certainly didn’t, however when I watch the replay.... 🤣

Because both coaches thankfully can't even spell 'defensive zones' nor do they deliberately leave players behind the ball etc., which nearly always results in entertaining footy....

plenty of defensive zone for the Saints, our back 6 have been great this year, still very young and inexperienced but gee they work very well together, they don't very often get opened up.

Why did Richmond give away the 2020 All Australian forward pocket, Dan Butler for pick 56?

Why didn't they give Rioli or Castagna the arse?

He wasn't shooting the lights out at Richmond. I think he needed a different environment, coach and role. Been let off the leash at St Kilda and it is a credit to Saints coaching team that they have been able to find his triggers.

We did, but have no idea why. Everyone could see Ratts was a good coach. He just needed some fine tuning which he has now got at Hawthorn.

Agreed, I thought Ratts was so passionate for the club & his players. That was going to rub off on players when they started rebuilding. Carlton were just too impatient. That's what wasted all those extra years. IMHO.

Shattered with the result last night. I really thought we had it there.. how good is it though to be playing great football ?! what I loved is that we never said die and kept on fighting right until the final siren- every time they got a run on, we pegged them back and even hit the lead. Bitter with the final result but it probably deserved a draw the way the game was played!

hint hint Channel Seven- more Suns FTA games please ❤️💛💙

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 10 - Suns v Saints Thurs August 6th 8:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Back