Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's like West Coast supporters know that the only place they have a chance to beat Richmond is at their safe space, can't beat them at the MCG, can't beat them at a neutral ground such as Metricon
Pretty comfortable we’ve got you guys covered with all things being even. A key player out for the entire game with half our starting midfield and forward line also not playing and it still took you guys shooting the lights out (good luck replicating that accuracy consistently) to knock us off by just 4 goals when the game was on a knifes edge for 2 and a half quarters. You blokes carry on like you’re the best thing since sliced bread, sure you may have 2 flags to show for it (I don’t rate 2019s that highly myself) but you really aren’t some unbeatable juggernaut that the “narrative” suggests. You’re a good top 4 team that gets an absolute ride.. and then has the audacity to claim that everyone is against them. Lmao.

Pretty comfortable we’ve got you guys covered with all things being even. A key player out for the entire game with half our starting midfield and forward line also not playing and it still took you guys shooting the lights out (good luck replicating that accuracy consistently) to knock us off by just 4 goals when the game was on a knifes edge for 2 and a half quarters. You blokes carry on like you’re the best thing since sliced bread, sure you may have 2 flags to show for it (I don’t rate 2019s that highly myself) but you really aren’t some unbeatable juggernaut that the “narrative” suggests. You’re a good top 4 team that gets an absolute ride.. and then has the audacity to claim that everyone is against them. Lmao.
Yet Richmond had bigger outs than West Coast and still won

Yet Richmond had bigger outs than West Coast and still won
Did you though? Yeo, Redden (our two defensive midfielders and key to stoppages). Allen, Waterman, Kennedy early, leaving Darling as the lone option and obvious double team candidate, would say those 5 are almost our 5 most vital in terms of structure and gameplan. Jackson Nelson also, who may not seem like a “big” out but his exclusion meant playing another inexperienced player in his place. We held our own when not a lot was going our way with one of our most inexperienced sides of the season. Like I said earlier, it took an outrageous goal shooting night to eventually break us 3 quarters in yet only win by 4 goals (one of them being late when the game was dead). We shall see in a few weeks time.

Did you though? Yeo, Redden (our two defensive midfielders and key to stoppages). Allen, Waterman, Kennedy early, leaving Darling as the lone option and obvious double team candidate, would say those 5 are almost our 5 most vital in terms of structure and gameplan. Jackson Nelson also, who may not seem like a “big” out but his exclusion meant playing another inexperienced player in his place. We held our own when not a lot was going our way with one of our most inexperienced sides of the season. Like I said earlier, it took at outrageous goal shooting night to eventually break us 3 quarters in yet only win by 4 goals (one of them being late when the game was dead). We shall see in a few weeks time.
Who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you though? Yeo, Redden (our two defensive midfielders and key to stoppages). Allen, Waterman, Kennedy early, leaving Darling as the lone option and obvious double team candidate, would say those 5 are almost our 5 most vital in terms of structure and gameplan. Jackson Nelson also, who may not seem like a “big” out but his exclusion meant playing another inexperienced player in his place. We held our own when not a lot was going our way with one of our most inexperienced sides of the season. Like I said earlier, it took an outrageous goal shooting night to eventually break us 3 quarters in yet only win by 4 goals (one of them being late when the game was dead). We shall see in a few weeks time.
You had me at Jackson Nelson...

It's like West Coast supporters know that the only place they have a chance to beat Richmond is at their safe space, can't beat them at the MCG, can't beat them at a neutral ground such as Metricon

It's a legit line of attack on us but you of all ppl probably don't want to be drawing attention to 'safe spaces', leave that to other teams.

You celebrate a premiership against a higher seeded team who had to travel and play at your home ground with an unearned crowd cheering you on.
It is what it is (and isn't changing) but just a bit rich for you to bring it up.

I want the ones paid in front of goal we should've got, like your mob did.

Umpires were hot on the whistle for anything in the tiger f50 yet refused to pay anything for us until the game was over.
Anyway, aside from some very favourable umpiring in front of goal for the Tigers in the first half, was a decent game. Tigers with insane goal-kicking accuracy, only ruined by Riewoldt at the end.

Well done, see you in finals.
Bit hard vs 25 unfortunately.
Please stop embarrassing yourself

Not sure how many posts you made in this thread as i stopped counting after 38 but i can safely say that 90% would be about bagging the umpiring and nothing about the game. Clearly dont watch the game properly or have no idea about football

Was a good game tonight with both teams missing important player and having great players injured and missing most of the game but after the first few minutes of the game i felt we were switched on and hungry and a good chance to win.

What i did notice in this thread that was not mentioned is that Dimma exposed the eagles achillies and that is pressure will stall their possession game and their ball movement stalls and the players start 2nd guessing their options.

Caracella & Rutten on the phone to Dimma as we speak and other coaches would have had a really good look at the way the eagles players handled the pressure and which of their player are suspect. Also the way McGovern was held to 0 intercept marks.

This game exposed alot more about the eagles weaknesses than their ability.

It's a legit line of attack on us but you of all ppl probably don't want to be drawing attention to 'safe spaces', leave that to other teams.

You celebrate a premiership against a higher seeded team who had to travel and play at your home ground with an unearned crowd cheering you on.
It is what it is (and isn't changing) but just a bit rich for you to bring it up.
Crows and cats finished 2 points above us after we played them both once during the season at their home ground. Give us 2 games against them and points are split and BAM we finish top. Nothing unearned champ.

Astbury, Grimes, Prestia, Edwards

Basically our backline and last year's best and fairest were out.

Things can only get better.
I would also add that if this had been a GF Josh Caddy would have played in the game, He is currently being penalised for his stupidity in giving away that 50 that made Dimma lose his plot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Back