Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you’re a bit lost. Why do Freo supporters think they have some sort of moral high ground just because you’ve been watching your team lose for twenty plus years? It doesn’t make any sense. You’re not any greater than a West Coast fan whose been attending their games for thirty years.
As far as intellect goes i love how you’ve preceded your grand, sweeping assertions dig with a grand, sweeping assertion of your own. You are a special kind of genius aren’t you
You're obviously cherry-picking the aspects of my retorts that you'll actually respond to, as you have no substantive arguments for the other points! Actually spend the time reading what I wrote about your supporter base, rather than reiterating meaningless rhetoric relating to, "...watching my team lose for twenty plus years." If you're still unsure of my point, refer to the concept I brought to light earlier, regarding the disparity in the establishing of the two teams, and the favourable concessions one received over the other. Be gone with you, you're a waste of my time.

Pretty comfortable we’ve got you guys covered with all things being even. A key player out for the entire game with half our starting midfield and forward line also not playing and it still took you guys shooting the lights out (good luck replicating that accuracy consistently) to knock us off by just 4 goals when the game was on a knifes edge for 2 and a half quarters. You blokes carry on like you’re the best thing since sliced bread, sure you may have 2 flags to show for it (I don’t rate 2019s that highly myself) but you really aren’t some unbeatable juggernaut that the “narrative” suggests. You’re a good top 4 team that gets an absolute ride.. and then has the audacity to claim that everyone is against them. Lmao.
You said that with a serious face?

You're obviously cherry-picking the aspects of my retorts that you'll actually respond to, as you have no substantive arguments for the other points! Actually spend the time reading what I wrote about your supporter base, rather than reiterating meaningless rhetoric relating to, "...watching my team lose for twenty plus years." If you're still unsure of my point, refer to the concept I brought to light earlier, regarding the disparity in the establishing of the two teams, and the favourable concessions one received over the other. Be gone with you, you're a waste of my time.
Yeah, i saw that and I’ll give you the tip bud, you haven’t brought anything to light. A solid D- on that effort

Yeah, i saw that and I’ll give you the tip bud, you haven’t brought anything to light. A solid D- on that effort
A solid D- being awarded from someone who can't even capitalise an i. Yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and say that your assessment has no merit.

A solid D- being awarded from someone who can't even capitalise an i. Yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and say that your assessment has no merit.
Your ‘concept’ was chewed up, spat out, dumped on and set on fire by another poster who responded using facts, links and references to try and educate you, but you ignored them. D- is probably a bit generous considering all you provided was your imagination

might wanna look at the schedules those 92/94 gf mob had to deal with and the fact that they werent wa’s best

they were the best from one year and it was a bumper year

but thats got nothing to do with 06 and 18

Your ‘concept’ was chewed up, spat out, dumped on and set on fire by another poster who responded using facts, links and references to try and educate you, but you ignored them. D- is probably a bit generous considering all you provided was your imagination
Keep living as a legend in your own lunch box. As long as you think you, "done good", that's all that matters lol. Oh, and if you have to conclude an argument by listing aggressive verbs relating to what YOU did to someone else's stance, you've already lost.

Do have anything to say that is not sh*t?
We get it Eagles bad awful warful boys .
But do you have anything else to say .?
Do you have any idea how sad and stupid and ridiculous all that sad ass antiquated loser sh*t is ?
Do you understand the concept of self respect ?
Oh wow, this one doesn't even comprehend that a question mark assumes the role of full-stop in the case of an interrogative sentence. If you had any self respect you'd do us all a favour and stop typing - you're embarrassing yourself! Also, antiquated is not the term you're looking for, I think you're seeking the word "debasement".

Spot on re. the bolded. Really hope the unbolded is true, too. I just think that if you guys play at your best in terms of getting the ball inside 50 in whatever fashion; might be "chaos ball" or a lace out pass from Dusty or whatever, and then applying manic forward pressure to generate repeat i50's, then we might struggle. Our defence is great in the air and in general, but you have the cattle (big blokes and crumbers) to break the dam wall if we can't get it out of our defence. If we can get quick and clean clearances from the middle and get the ball into Hawkins fast enough to exploit one on one matches, like we have done, then that's our best bet, imo. Can't see our controlled, tempo style of footy working as well against the Tiges as it has against other teams.
Well it worked for a half in last years prelim although that was a while ago now. Our game in a few weeks will tell us more as both teams need to win it to keep top 4 chance alive. Still a long way to go.

Yeah, don't respond to the concessions aspect of my argument, no matter what you do! Lol.
No, 2006 wasn't punctuated by a "scheduling" hardship, it was accented by something much more sinister.
i think everyone knows freo got a raw deal on inception - dont think you will find anyone who disagrees

but its been a long time since then. how long do you get to use that as an excuse?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think everyone knows freo got a raw deal on inception - dont think you will find anyone who disagrees

but its been a long time since then. how long do you get to use that as an excuse?
You're correct, upon our inception, our prospects were immediately hampered by a distinct lack of draft concessions and funding (the likes of which were afforded to the West Coast Eagles, Greater Western Sydney Giants and Gold Coast Suns). Where you're incorrect, is in your assumption that I wouldn't find any members of the AFL viewing populous who disagree. Such is the self-entitled arrogance of a proportion of West Coast supporters, that such events have been expunged from their memories, or simply did not take place in the first instance. Kudos to you for recognising the disparity between the fortunes of the two institutions upon their inceptions. You are absolutely correct - such misfortunes can only account for a certain period of time, and Fremantle's more recent failings, eg. the last fifteen years, have no direct relation to those prior events.

Or you could "chalk it up" as your team simply not being able to achieve any success away from home...
You did not answer this.
You're obviously cherry-picking the aspects of my retorts that you'll actually respond to, as you have no substantive arguments for the other points!
Accuse someone of the same as what you did.

2018 springs to mind.
When this was the correct answer to the first statement you made. Talk about cherry picking conversations. ;)

You did not answer this.

Accuse someone of the same as what you did.

When this was the correct answer to the first statement you made. Talk about cherry picking conversations. ;)
Are you still talking? Jeepers!

That was, in fact, not a sufficient response to my initial statement, as I was referring to the West Coast Eagles' form outside of Western Australia this year!

Are you still talking? Jeepers!

That was, in fact, not a sufficient response to my initial statement, as I was referring to the West Coast Eagles' form outside of Western Australia this year!
And now your Stupidity is on display for all to see.
Actually i retract stupidity...Blind hatred are the words i am looking for.

And now your Stupidity is on display for all to see.
My stupidity? Oh wow! 🤦‍♂️ Let's end this feud now, as this is not a thread dedicated solely to a Fremantle and West Coast rivalry. I think very little of the team in which you support, and you don't appreciate my beloved team. It isn't the first instance in which such circumstances have arisen on Big Footy, and it certainly won't be the last!!

My stupidity? Oh wow! 🤦‍♂️ Let's end this feud now, as this is not a thread dedicated solely to a Fremantle and West Coast rivalry. I think very little of the team in which you support, and you don't appreciate my beloved team. It isn't the first instance in which such circumstances have arisen on Big Footy, and it certainly won't be the last!!
Actually...I have news for you. I watch EVERY Freo game and i am "On record" on this forum as stating...I would love to see Freo win a flag . Take that on notice blind man.

You're correct, upon our inception, our prospects were immediately hampered by a distinct lack of draft concessions and funding (the likes of which were afforded to the West Coast Eagles, Greater Western Sydney Giants and Gold Coast Suns). Where you're incorrect, is in your assumption that I wouldn't find any members of the AFL viewing populous who disagree. Such is the self-entitled arrogance of a proportion of West Coast supporters, that such events have been expunged from their memories, or simply did not take place in the first instance. Kudos to you for recognising the disparity between the fortunes of the two institutions upon their inceptions. You are absolutely correct - such misfortunes can only account for a certain period of time, and Fremantle's more recent failings, eg. the last fifteen years, have no direct relation to those prior events.
well now that we have established what everyone already knows, i heard there was a game of football on thursday night

tiges did ok i hear?

Actually...I have news for you. I watch EVERY Freo game and i am "On record" on this forum as stating...I would love to see Freo win a flag . Take that on notice blind man.
Well I appreciate that, but I wasn't about to trawl through seemingly endless thread pages from bygone years, to identify that you find my club to be somewhat endearing. Also, be sure not to assume the sex and background of any poster - you too raised this point yesterday. We're all guilty of contradicting ourselves on these forums on occasion. Anyways, best of luck to your team for the remainder of the year.

well now that we have established what everyone already knows, i heard there was a game of football on thursday night

tiges did ok i hear?
The Tigers did very well, but not everyone is aware of Fremantle's plight upon inception, I explained that earlier lol.

Many people may not be aware the Tigers predominantly built this Premiership winning list through the compromised draft period, I recall at the time the club announced to its members of the extra money to be budgeted to recruitment because of the new teams coming in. No no1 draft picks on the list, our only real pointy end pick are Trent (2) and Dusty (3).

Many people may not be aware the Tigers predominantly built this Premiership winning list through the compromised draft period, I recall at the time the club announced to its members of the extra money to be budgeted to recruitment because of the new teams coming in. No no1 draft picks on the list, our only real pointy end pick are Trent (2) and Dusty (3).
and the mcg (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Back