Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 6 - Tigers v Swans Sun July 12th 3:35 AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers parking the bus
Yeah flood defence try and force a long kick then try and handpass it through on counter attack. Afl needs to bring in rule about keeping 1 or 2 attacking players inside attacking 50 at all times

I know we've been hubbing pretty much all year but this is the first time there's been no games in Victoria. Anyone else finding themselves zoning out then realising this is Richmond vs Sydney played at the gabba. Same with last night the Melbourne home game in Sydney felt like an away game at the gold coast and then seeing the North Melbourne vs Essendon score in the bottom corner of the screen my mind imagined an mcg game even though I knew it wasn't still felt weird flipping it over after the dees game very surreal haha. Or am I just strange lol?

I know we've been hubbing pretty much all year but this is the first time there's been no games in Victoria. Anyone else finding themselves zoning out then realising this is Richmond vs Sydney played at the gabba. Same with last night the Melbourne home game in Sydney felt like an away game at the gold coast and then seeing the North Melbourne vs Essendon score in the bottom corner of the screen my mind imagined an mcg game even though I knew it wasn't still felt weird flipping it over after the dees game very surreal haha. Or am I just strange lol?

The players certainly have zoned out.

Right above the rule in the rulebook is that the spirit and intention should be to keep the ball in play.

Mills didn't have any of either. He invented the pressure, and had time or space to get rid of the ball.

It'd be absolutely ridiculous to apply the rule as "if you get pushed over it's not a deliberate rushed behind". Players would abuse that so obviously. Clearly in the spirit of the rule it's a Jack Riewoldt free kick, unfortunately like most rules in the AFL it just has grey area and room for subjectivity, however I'd argue it's the exact sort of situation the AFL wants to prevent - don't give up and invent pressure to be knocked over the line for a point.

In all fairness though. Imagine trying to commentate a game like this. Just a horror show
Don't disagree, but Hamish is right in saying we should be happy with this. Richmond haven't scored a goal in a quarter and a half and we're still in the game despite losing our skipper early.

Terrible half. Neither teams will play finals playing this boring defensive sh*t.
We're not playing finals regardless. Better off losing a tight low-scoring contest than getting spanked in a shootout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

since when aren't you allowed to step over the line? people saying he got pushed over are completely missing the point. You're as bad as the commentary team!

You can deliberately rush it if you're under pressure. Was he under pressure? Yes. End of discussion.
Nope, you've missed the point. Deliberate is not even a consideration if you've been pushed across the line. The action to cross the line must be initiated by the player with the ball before they can then consider if it was a deliberate action.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 6 - Tigers v Swans Sun July 12th 3:35 AEST (Gabba)

Back