Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 3 - Blues v Freo Sun April 4th 3:20pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo have played an extraordinarily stupid game of football.

There was a point midway through the second quarter when it was obvious they were getting beaten at the contest and in danger of getting blown out.

In that situation its football 101 to slow things down, hold possession, look for short kicks and give your defence time to reset. In Brayshaw/Cerra/Mundy they have the cattle to play that sort of football.

Instead they've made no changes and persisted in trying to play on and smash the ball forward at every opportunity. Every single time they get the ball you can almost smell the panic from your living room- they're acting like the ball will explode if they keep it for more than two seconds.

Hell literally as I was typing this Frederick marked inside 50, played on for no reason, handballed it to a Carlton 3 on 1 and watched it pinball. Why?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo have played an extraordinarily stupid game of football.

There was a point midway through the second quarter when it was obvious they were getting beaten at the contest and in danger of getting blown out.

In that situation its football 101 to slow things down, hold possession, look for short kicks and give your defence time to reset. In Brayshaw/Cerra/Mundy they have the cattle to play that sort of football.

Instead they've made no changes and persisted in trying to play on and smash the ball forward at every opportunity. Every single time they get the ball you can almost smell the panic from your living room- they're acting like the ball will explode if they keep it for more than two seconds.

Hell literally as I was typing this Frederick marked inside 50, played on for no reason, handballed it to a Carlton 3 on 1 and watched it pinball. Why?!
Problem is never have had control to slow it down. Smashed in centre clearances. Knew Carlton would turn up and play after being under the pump. Freo just didn’t wake up

Hard to think there is still another quarter of footy to go...both teams look out on their feet already

Well there is a woman umpire so everything gets blamed on her.

Ffs. Pull the sexist card out... no. The umpire regardless of its gender is hopeless

And no I’m not blaming it for my teams poor showing

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 3 - Blues v Freo Sun April 4th 3:20pm AEST (Marvel)

Back