Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 16 - Lions v Dogs Thurs June 30th 7:20pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely, it's like hiring a hitman. Sure, I never did the act but I caused the crime, I am liable in the eyes of the law, Hipwood should be too.
Hitman Hipwood, not exactly the nickname I would have expected for that beanstalk but, if you insist.

The game is done, but I suppose it is better the Lions have a flat spot now and peak for the finals. If Melbourne play like last week then the only question is who is going to be runner up in 2023.

Well that's it Dogs won't even make the 8 run home is tough curtains for them I think
I think we can afford two losses on the way home. I had this game and the Dees game as the two ones we’d most likely drop.

Sydney in Sydney and Geelong in Geelong slightly less confident we’d lose but still probable.

Disappointing but been a fun enough couple of years without the ultimate success.

Surely the Bulldogs are getting sick of Beveridge's coaching? Playing a fringe forward flanker on Charlie Cameron, names his favourite plodders every week, Macrae going up in ruck contests, and the bizarre strategy to have players back away off the mark? I mean, I get the strategy to force teams to kick long inside 50, but the Bulldogs' key defenders are awful and it works directly against them. It hasn't killed them completely so far tonight, but it just smacks of a guy trying to be smarter than what he actually is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toby Greene got what, 6 weeks (?) for a deliberate shoulder check on an ump outside of play. If footage shows Hipwood knew the ump was there clearly and pushed his opponent into an umpire, it has to be at least a week. Given the AFL stance on umpire dissent and overall seems to be a zero tolerance for anything resembling disagreement or attitude towards umpires, I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting 2 - 3 weeks.

Surely you can't push a player into an umpire to cause a collision? The incident needs a closer look.

Whately will be pretty excited by this one.

I can't see how hipwood gets away with at least 1 week off.

Dogs are in a tricky spot moving forward not good enough to win a flag but not bad enough to get a good draft pick.

interesting times ahead
They need to clear out a midfielder or two and use the currency to get some decent key defenders/depth players. Will make a big difference – way too top heavy in the mids which is causing a dearth of talent elsewhere

Surely the Bulldogs are getting sick of Beveridge's coaching? Playing a fringe forward flanker on Charlie Cameron, names his favourite plodders every week, Macrae going up in ruck contests, and the bizarre strategy to have players back away off the mark? I mean, I get the strategy to force teams to kick long inside 50, but the Bulldogs' key defenders are awful and it works directly against them. It hasn't killed them completely so far tonight, but it just smacks of a guy trying to be smarter than what he actually is.
He does frustrate at times, but his record speaks for itself, finals almost every year, a premiership and runners up.

They need to clear out a midfielder or two and use the currency to get some decent key defenders/depth players. Will make a big difference – way too top heavy in the mids which is causing a dearth of talent elsewhere
If we can turn Dunkley and our first rounder this year into any two of a key defender, decent enough second ruck/fwd and an interceptor we will be right.

I’d probably ask the question of Lobb, Haynes from the giants, just need a key defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 16 - Lions v Dogs Thurs June 30th 7:20pm EST (Gabba)

Back