Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Collingwood v Carlton Fri July 28th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

After what Carlton has done this last fortnight, imagine if they beat the Saints, needing to only win one more game to make finals, but they lose to Melbourne and Gold Coast, so it comes down to the Giants game and they lose… by a kick. BigFooty would go into meltdown.

I suggest that you're not having this run without that capitulation
Fair chance, but assuming we did and at least split the games where we went 8 losses from 9 games (I think that's what it was), and go conservative and say 4 wins, 5 losses in those games, that's an extra 3 wins and puts us clear 3rd by half a game.

After what Carlton has done this last fortnight, imagine if they beat the Saints, needing to only win one more game to make finals, but they lose to Melbourne and Gold Coast, so it comes down to the Giants game and they lose… by a kick. BigFooty would go into meltdown.
That's a lot of imagining. I might just wait and see what happens.

Fair chance, but assuming we did and at least split the games where we went 8 losses from 9 games (I think that's what it was), and go conservative and say 4 wins, 5 losses in those games, that's an extra 3 wins and puts us clear 3rd by half a game.
I thought it all started with the Torquay trip, would that have happened without the run of losses?

However I don't believe Collingwood were at their best tonight but no excuses when they were playing half the blues vfl midfield by half time. Why the hell is Taylor Adams giving up midfield minutes when his your best mid that's not N Daicos.

That acknowledgement must have been in a different post, because it wasn't in the one I quoted.
How was it deceitful? Let's see... only mentioning positive stats while ignoring the negative? I just completed the picture.
28 disposals is nice... 54% not so much.
Highlighting clearances and tackles while ignoring inside 50s and marks. I just completed the picture.
It WAS an horrific game. Maybe that's a by-product of setting some ridiculously high standards (Walsh had a similar problem in his first couple years).

Imagine being a Collingwood supporter and trying to randomly bring racism into the conversation to support your cause...
Get off it. Cerra was BOG before pinging his hammy and he was going at 65%. Acres was your best midfielder in the second half and he went at 65%. Stop acting like Daicos was atrocious tonight. You’re talking about a second year player. What is it exactly you expect of him if you were to call his game average or good?

He played mainly inside, that’s why he had our highest contested possession numbers. Crippa gets criticised constantly for his DE when it’s completely natural for the inside mids to have lower DE%s.

What’s sad is you guys won and you’re sitting here trying to pot a second year player who was close to our best for the whole game. He actually did well considering his quiet first half, which is a credit to the kid.

Get off it. Cerra was BOG before pinging his hammy and he was going at 65%. Acres was your best midfielder in the second half and he went at 65%. Stop acting like Daicos was atrocious tonight. You’re talking about a second year player. What is it exactly you expect of him if you were to call his game average or good?

He played mainly inside, that’s why he had our highest contested possession numbers. Crippa gets criticised constantly for his DE when it’s completely natural for the inside mids to have lower DE%s.

What’s sad is you guys won and you’re sitting here trying to pot a second year player who was close to our best for the whole game. He actually did well considering his quiet first half, which is a credit to the kid.
What was obvious last night was that he was avoiding any loose balls where collision was going to occur. He will learn from that.
Thought Josh was actually collingwoods best last night.
What Carlton did well was keeping the ball away from Quaynor and making Moore accountable.

Collingwood and neutral supporters complaining about the frees paid to Charlie in the final quarter have clearly forgotten about the umpiring bias in the first half, (esp the first quarter) which was as infuriatingly lop sided and biased as I have seen.

Swings and Roundabouts.

Definitely not writing the Pies off, still flag favourites for mine and they were probably overdue for a loss, but still a very worthy and earned win by us, especially after losing Cerra with a hammy after being BOG up until that point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your on track in 2023 to follow the Bulldogs 2016 form. Leading the leagues freekick count and goals from freekicks. i dare say it wont be long when a thread is launched to discuss your arm chair ride to a fairytale flag.
We smashed you by 50 points. We started your losing streak. Enjoy 😉

If any Lions youngster had 28, 1 short of the match high 7 clearances, a game high 9 score involvements and laid 6 tackles, you’d be all over the Rising Star thread nominating him as the winner for this week. Stop talking smack and go to sleep 😂
Left a chip on the ground for him after the match. SEAGULL.

There is a huge amount of salt in this room.
Better side ON THE NIGHT won the game.
Nothing about Collingwoods gifted free kicks in the first half , that's been quickly forgotten on the back of Curnows 6 goal effort.
Fact is , he is just a smart forward and knows how to position himself when plying his craft. It's not his fault Cox had his arms around curnows next in a ruck contest , and its certainly not his fault when Moore decides to pull his arm and restrict his run at the ball.
Perhaps centre your frustration on those 2 dummies .

So we wake up the morning after and it's exactly as expected.

Disappointed with the loss but our hard work has been done and we remain at least a game and percentage on top of the ladder.

Meanwhile, you'd think Carlton had won the flag or eliminated Collingwood from the finals series the way some of the Carlton folk are carrying on.

But I guess it is their biggest win in two decades.

If that’s his inside game he needs to get back on the one / two handball receive game that he has dominated.
Got smashed up tonight by some inside monsters. To be expected at this stage.
Don’t think he has a natural instinct to “go and get it” at this point of his career.
Going to be interesting to see how this part of his game develops as he gets his body hard over the next couple of pre-seasons.
Aside from that “real thirst for the contest” at this point has all the tools to become a generational talent.

Point out which frees weren't there.
Bet you won't/can't.

Disappointed with the loss but our hard work has been done and we remain at least a game and percentage on top of the ladder.

Meanwhile, you'd think Carlton had won the flag or eliminated Collingwood from the finals series the way some of the Carlton folk are carrying on.

Translation: still salty.

Can you smell it??

You just keeping repeating yourself. You do realise your team has won like 2 flags in 60 odd years. And have achieved zero in recent times other than some great home and away wins. A bit like StKildas DVD of the ‘winning streak’
Collingwood trolling other teams makes no sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Collingwood v Carlton Fri July 28th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Back