Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Collingwood v Carlton Fri July 28th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So we wake up the morning after and it's exactly as expected.

Disappointed with the loss but our hard work has been done and we remain at least a game and percentage on top of the ladder.

Meanwhile, you'd think Carlton had won the flag or eliminated Collingwood from the finals series the way some of the Carlton folk are carrying on.

But I guess it is their biggest win in two decades.
Or it could be the bottom 6 of your best 22 being exposed in the contest
Cox
Noble
Hoskin Elliot
Markov
Lipinski
McCreery
That bottom six list doesn’t bode too well for finals type footy Fadgey.
Alarm bells should be ringing.

Carlton supporters here up and about but I can’t see your mob getting further than a semi final. 5th or 6th and then probably an away trip against Port or the Lions and you’re out.

Even if you get the Pies or Dees in a semi, Collingwood aren’t finishing 1st and going out in straight sets (has that ever happened?). Dees might lose to you but they’ll have Oliver back and I’m sure they’ll lift for finals.

Even if you get past the semi, the most likely scenario from there is losing to Brissy in a prelim at the Gabba, unless Port can hang on to 2nd.

FWIW I’d like to see Carlton do well in finals, my old man is a Blues supporter, but don’t get carried away, you haven’t even ensured a top 8 spot yet.

The internet is hilarious most of the time, it's amazing the amount of post-game LOL'ds you get when your prediction goes wrong. It was a meaningless game for Collingwood really, they are firmly entrenched in the top two and that's all they have to do in order to get a home final. The Pies are a game clear and 20% percentage over Port with their four remaining games at the MCG. The Hawks won't be a push over and they have tough games against the Cats and Lions before facing the "Gliders" in the final round. It was a good win by the Blues, but all it does is serve notice they are still around.

Get off it. Cerra was BOG before pinging his hammy and he was going at 65%. Acres was your best midfielder in the second half and he went at 65%. Stop acting like Daicos was atrocious tonight. You’re talking about a second year player. What is it exactly you expect of him if you were to call his game average or good?

He played mainly inside, that’s why he had our highest contested possession numbers. Crippa gets criticised constantly for his DE when it’s completely natural for the inside mids to have lower DE%s.

What’s sad is you guys won and you’re sitting here trying to pot a second year player who was close to our best for the whole game. He actually did well considering his quiet first half, which is a credit to the kid.
First year or teeth year, he's playing afl footy. He's an adult, he's playing against adults. The last goal of the night that adams kicked, the play leading up was a cillingwood player kicking the ball from near the boundary on the half forward frank. Nick was in space all on his own inside forward 50, about 30 out from goal. All he had to do was jump up and take and uncomtrsted mark, what did he decide to do? Duck his head assuming contact was coming. Maybe he saw that chip that I must have thrown on the ground for him.🤣

So we aren’t allowed to be happy for a win not many people thought we could win. We are also not allowed get excited with the possibility of playing finals because we are no chance if Carlton make it. It’s like saying Brisbane recent winning record at the MCG is terrible so their supporters shouldn’t get their hopes up.

Disappointed with the loss but our hard work has been done and we remain at least a game and percentage on top of the ladder.

Meanwhile, you'd think Carlton had won the flag or eliminated Collingwood from the finals series the way some of the Carlton folk are carrying on.

Cry harder.

Understandable. Full strength vs Carlton’s VFL side and still lost.

There are cracks appearing. Always hurts more when you start well and have only one way to go. I’ll enjoy it.

I wouldn’t reply to this numpty, salty because the Crows have shat the bed after being in the eight most of the season.
Shat the bed?..

Pfffft..

More like they didnt deserve to be in the 8 in the first place..

But its fxxkn hilarious coming from a Blues supporter..

what’s more likely the case is that the Blues played their Grand Final tonight.. they’ll make the 8 and get bundled out in R1 of the finals…

It would be the Carlton thing to do..

Get off it. Cerra was BOG before pinging his hammy and he was going at 65%. Acres was your best midfielder in the second half and he went at 65%. Stop acting like Daicos was atrocious tonight. You’re talking about a second year player. What is it exactly you expect of him if you were to call his game average or good?

He played mainly inside, that’s why he had our highest contested possession numbers. Crippa gets criticised constantly for his DE when it’s completely natural for the inside mids to have lower DE%s.

What’s sad is you guys won and you’re sitting here trying to pot a second year player who was close to our best for the whole game. He actually did well considering his quiet first half, which is a credit to the kid.
Are you serious??? You lot have bagged the s**t out of our club, players, coach etc for months and you can't take the slightest criticism of one player.

Last edited:

It just shows what intensity and pressure can do even with an undermanned team

Well said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton supporters here up and about but I can’t see your mob getting further than a semi final. 5th or 6th and then probably an away trip against Port or the Lions and you’re out.

Even if you get the Pies or Dees in a semi, Collingwood aren’t finishing 1st and going out in straight sets (has that ever happened?). Dees might lose to you but they’ll have Oliver back and I’m sure they’ll lift for finals.

Even if you get past the semi, the most likely scenario from there is losing to Brissy in a prelim at the Gabba, unless Port can hang on to 2nd.

FWIW I’d like to see Carlton do well in finals, my old man is a Blues supporter, but don’t get carried away, you haven’t even ensured a top 8 spot yet.
Do you have tonight's Lotto numbers as well ?

The internet is hilarious most of the time, it's amazing the amount of post-game LOL'ds you get when your prediction goes wrong. It was a meaningless game for Collingwood really, they are firmly entrenched in the top two and that's all they have to do in order to get a home final. The Pies are a game clear and 20% percentage over Port with their four remaining games at the MCG. The Hawks won't be a push over and they have tough games against the Cats and Lions before facing the "Gliders" in the final round. It was a good win by the Blues, but all it does is serve notice they are still around.
Not that meaningless. Carlton got into their heads.
That will give them something to think about moving forward

The morning after.

It was a very good game. Thought that Pies were blunted by the small and medium sized Carlton players who kept running defensively and targeting the handball receiver as well as the ball carrier. They didn't stop doing this for most of the game.

Despite being blunted, Collingwood still managed plenty of goal scoring opps. And missed lots of shots they were getting previously. Swings and rounabouts.

Their twin towers Cox and McLuggage seemed to work a bit, Cox being the decoy and McSuitcase slipping into the space. Mayerczech was extremely quiet. Howell going forward was just the type of thing you want to see from your coaches, throwing the pieces around a bit. But still, the Pies forward half doesn't look super reliable yet.

Curnow V Moore was a great battle, Carey V Jackoffvich, and Van der Haar V Knights esquish, with a whole lot of modern day team blocking, and interferece thrown in.

But Curnow wouldn't have kicked his bag if the Carlton smalls hadn't set the Pies defense into kerfuffle by sharing it around and avoiding intercept marking. Pies backs got into a panic and started to give frees away.

So, while Weinering and Kermow will get accolades, I think it was a victory for the mid sized and small blues brigade that pressured and moved the ball aggressicely. Even when things tightened up q4 blues kept taking the riskier inside channel option.

A good victory for Coach Voxx and more IP to derail the Pies is out in public domain now. Not that that will be enough, Pies may well relish losing and cone back the vetter.

You just keeping repeating yourself. You do realise your team has won like 2 flags in 60 odd years. And have achieved zero in recent times other than some great home and away wins. A bit like StKildas DVD of the ‘winning streak’
Collingwood trolling other teams makes no sense.
They are basically captian america forgotten heros of the 1920s

Stupid post mate it's AFL football, fans should ride the ups and downs every week.

Cry harder.

Understandable. Full strength vs Carlton’s VFL side and still lost.

There are cracks appearing. Always hurts more when you start well and have only one way to go. I’ll enjoy it.
VFL team?
Walsh def missed.
Kennedy..not sure he’s starting 22 due to pace if Cripps, Hewitt both fit.
McKay..does Curnow play better without him,
Silvagni is in and out of VFL team.
I’d say you had between 18-20 of your best 23. Hardly a VFL side out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Collingwood v Carlton Fri July 28th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Back