Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Crows v Swans Sat Aug 19th 7:40pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Swans by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All while the Pies are choking like mofos! And they don't even have a flag to look back on!

Couldn't make this stuff up!
I know it's all rather bizzare isn't it?

How about we blow the AFL up and start again? That way every team start on zero premierships. Sound good?

That’s karma for that Josh Jenkins poster being called a goal against us.

Gotta wonder whether the Marchbank “soft call” played a role here and the goal umpire was keen to make a definitive call without a review.

That said - looked like a goal to me and I suspect the umpire went on sound and not sight.

Rehards

S. Pete

You certainly could say the Crows were robbed.

I prefer to view it as karmic justice for using the pre-season draft as leverage to go in the Dawson trade. :devil:

Serious question but could the AFL reach out to Sydney and ask if they are happy to allow Adelaide to have the win?

It would be safe to assume that the final minute wouldn't have resulted in a goal for Sydney. It could have but statistically speaking they would be outsiders.

Surely Longmire would see it as an opportunity to boost the morale of his players to perform and win out against Melbourne to qualify. It would also give the Swans massive runs on the board against the competition for displaying excellent sportsmanship skills.

I think there's a way out of this that adds credibility to the AFL, the Swans and everyone else caught up up in this awkward situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question but could the AFL reach out to Sydney and ask if they are happy to allow Adelaide to have the win?

It would be safe to assume that the final minute wouldn't have resulted in a goal for Sydney. It could have but statistically speaking they would be outsiders.

Surely Longmire would see it as an opportunity to boost the morale of his players to perform and win out against Melbourne to qualify. It would also give the Swans massive runs on the board against the competition for displaying excellent sportsmanship skills.

I think there's a way out of this that adds credibility to the AFL, the Swans and everyone else caught up up in this awkward situation.
What The Wtf GIF by Justin

What a can of worms that would open

Crows just have to suck it up, use it as incentive for next year

The biggest travesty is listening to the gutless cowardly commentary team being completely non-committal to the obvious fact that the ball had daylight to the post and was nowhere near the padding and therefore a clear goal. The AFL clearly have all of them by the balls. Thou shalt not ctiticise for fear of reprisal. And so the problem continues..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Crows v Swans Sat Aug 19th 7:40pm EST (AO)

Back