Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 24 - Blues v GWS Sun Aug 27th 6:10pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 53.1%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy!

07WCCa23PK666169230-1-.JPG

Nah the true MVP of the competition. The guy who has single-handedly decided 3 or 4 matches this season.

Reckon he's in for a typically brilliant 20 disposal & 5 goal performance.

Really looking forward to this (although 6.10pm is a joke)

Our side looks very good even resting Cripps & Doc

Going in with just One Ruck surprised me with Jack not available but I can see McKay playing a Joe Daniher type role and being even more of an influence. Don't believe we will take it easy. We are primed, on a role and a number of players are fighting for finals spots. Walsh & Cerra (who could have played last week) will be fresh and ready to go. A lot to play for

With Cripps Docherty Kennedy Motlop all available for first week of finals and Pittonet Boyd Marchbank also waiting, no one can take it easy.

I reckon Cincotta will take Greene to allow Newman to play free like he has last month or so.

I just can't see GWS kicking a winning score against our defence and a midfield that is quicker and runs harder for longer than anything we have had all year. Hewett in form and Walsh & Cerra add so much and Dow has been excellent. Fogarty being back helps as well.

Blues by 36 points

Nah the true MVP of the competition. The guy who has single-handedly decided 3 or 4 matches this season.

Reckon he's in for a typically brilliant 20 disposal & 5 goal performance.
He hasn't done that once this year and only once has he kicked 5 goals or more. Last time he played us he got 5 touches.

If we win today it’s not guaranteed that we play Carlton. We could end up playing the Swans or the Saints.
I guess we'll see. A Swans win at the SCG today (which I'm expecting) virtually locks it in because it's extremely unlikely GWS are going to beat Carlton by 50+ points.

Not sure it’ll impact us much mentally.

Doc and Cripps both out, possibly more withdrawn before the game.

Losing to Collingwood, St Kilda and Melbourne earlier in the season didn’t seem to have much of an impact when we played them again more recently.
Who knows. Carlton have been very streaky this year so if the Giants end their winning streak today then that could do something to them mentally like it did earlier this season when they lost 6 in a row.

I don’t mind the dogs winning last night. Reality is all games should be considered elimination finals from now on. If we can’t win this game then we wouldn’t have won the whole thing, which is what it’s all about.

Should be a good game nonetheless

Who knows. Carlton have been very streaky this year so if the Giants end their winning streak today then that could do something to them mentally like it did earlier this season when they lost 6 in a row.

Haven’t really been streaky since we played your mob the first time around.

And our losing streak had a lot more to it than mental fragility.

Sounds like you’re hoping for something to happen without much basis for it to actually happen.

Probably the most awaited Blues-Giants game I can recall to date.

Giants would need a really comfortable win to overtake the Saints. Blues are probably due a loss.

I don’t think Carlton have ever played Footscray in a final. This is 99th season together in VFL/AFL. There was that ‘99 series where the Eagles won away to the dogs then had the ‘home’ final against the Blues. ‘09 & ‘10 the Blues narrowly missed SF dates with the dogs. Then the final day of last H&A with the dogs squeaking past the Blues into finals.

Member Thank You Round

Round 24 marks Member Thank You Round for Carlton. Blues fans are encouraged to get down early to Gate 7 for face painting, games, and meet and greets with non playing players. To celebrate and showcase appreciation for the over 94,000 members, a Club record, 100 lucky members will do a lap of honour around Marvel Stadium with loads of prizes and giveaways to win during the breaks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like you’re hoping for something to happen without much basis for it to actually happen.
Well considering last week I watched Carlton's unconvincing 4-point win against my team in person and GWS demolished an Essendon side who were playing for their season to the tune of 126 points, I would have thought the suggestion of GWS having an edge on the Blues should they win tonight would be a fair assessment but obviously you feel differently.

Well considering last week I watched Carlton's unconvincing 4-point win against my team in person and GWS demolished an Essendon side who were playing for their season to the tune of 126 points, I would have thought the suggestion of GWS having an edge on the Blues should they win tonight would be a fair assessment but obviously you feel differently.
Essendon were witches hats, arguably the worst performed team for the last month. Can't read too much into it.

Extended training run for Carlton. Literally nothing to play for. Blues by a couple of goals in the most boring 120 minutes for anyone who doesnt follow a crap potential elimination final loser from some Western locality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 24 - Blues v GWS Sun Aug 27th 6:10pm EST (Marvel)

Back