Autopsy AFL 2024 First Qualifying Final - Swans v GWS Sat Sept 7th 3:20pm EST (SCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 40.2%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Draw.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Heeney - 30 Possessions of which 18 of them were contested possessions, 60% disposal efficiency and kicked 3 goals. He was the difference in the end.

Don't think the loss is the worst thing in the world for the Giants. I think they win next week and won't fear Geelong at all, they seem to beat them every year down at Geelong letalone the G.
We play better at the MCG this year then in Geelong.

Ash's decision to pass out wide was sheer stupidity.

In that situation, you go long and try for a mark or potentially get a free kick by putting the defenders under pressure.

Going wide to a wing with 10 seconds left is braindead. Kingsley would be filthy with that.
tom green also in the clear if he glanced inboard instead of fiddling out wide.

gws let that slip through there fingers.
syd just kept coming and finally they broke through..
awesome game !!

Great game and result but this is hopeless by the AFL. 10+ years in the comp and a derby final and maybe 10% of the crowd? It cost them the game. Where are all their fans?
It's an expansion club in rugby heartland. Maybe you don't realise how minor AFL has been in NSW until recently. Many care/know as much as people here about NRL.

Heeney was unreal, without him the Swans wouldn't have even been close, he dragged the Swans back into that game.

A shame he won't be eligible to win a Brownlow medal but he could win a Norm Smith medal if he plays like that in a GF.

Don't think the loss is the worst thing in the world for the Giants. I think they win next week and won't fear Geelong at all, they seem to beat them every year down at Geelong letalone the G.

nah disagree

GWS will have nightmares about losing that

absolutely belted swans in the first half and only took 20 odd point lead into the half time break. Should have been 35+.

There were a few very weak efforts in the final minutes of the last Q.

How Papley was not absolutely poleaxed by GWS in that 2 on 1 is amazingly soft footy. Allowed to keep his feet, wins a 2 on 1 and then Heeney kicks a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember a better game tbh. If we're talking pure impact on the game he was the difference between winning and losing. Sure Warner stepped up in the last quarter but Heeney was the X factor.

Can someone give me their best games since 2000?

Ablett 54 disposals still wasn't as impactful, his 3 goal burst against Saints wasn't as good IMO.

13 Goals for Buddy isn't even comparable.
I reckon you're right.

I'm struggling to think of one...

Isaac Heeney - 30 Possessions of which 18 of them were contested possessions, 60% disposal efficiency and kicked 3 goals. He was the difference in the end.
That game was better than any of N.D 40 and 10 clearance games by a mile.

Heeney went beast mode and the rest of the team jumped on board. Great win! Sets up a Hawks v GWS GF.
Port will rally and beat Hawks, Bookmark it.

Everyone is talking up Heeney and he played a great game, but no Papley no win I think, especially not playing for a few weeks, he was huge in the last.
A huge flog Yes!

We all want to talk about Heeney.

Looking forward to the stats sheet analysts telling us his game was no good as he only had 60% disposal efficiency...
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Yeah, he's pretty good!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 First Qualifying Final - Swans v GWS Sat Sept 7th 3:20pm EST (SCG) - Teams in OP

Back