Autopsy AFL 2024 First Qualifying Final - Swans v GWS Sat Sept 7th 3:20pm EST (SCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 40.2%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Draw.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_6168.png
1st v 4th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON
FIRST QUALIFYING FINAL
SYDNEY V GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 7TH 3:20 PM EST (SCG)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
SWANS
B: D. Rampe, T. McCartin, N. Blakey
HB: C. Mills - C, H. Cunningham, O. Florent
C: J. Lloyd, Ch.Warner, E. Gulden
HF: L. Parker, H. McLean, L. McDonald
F: T. Papley, J. Amartey, W. Hayward
FOLL: B. Grundy, I. Heeney, J. Rowbottom

I/C: L. Melican, B. Campbell, M. Roberts, J. McInerney, J. Jordon
EMG: T. Adams, C. Cleary, P. Ladhams

IN: T. McCartin, T. Papley, I. Heeney, J. McInerney
OUT: A. Francis (Injured), C. Cleary (Omitted), R. Fox (Omitted), T. Adams (Omitted)

GIANTS
B: H. Himmelberg, S. Taylor, C. Idun
HB: L. Whitfield, J. Buckley, H. Perryman
C: C. Ward, T. Green, J. Kelly
HF: B. Daniels, A. Cadman, X. O’Halloran
F: D. Jones, J. Hogan, T. Greene - C
FOLL: K. Briggs, S. Coniglio, F. Callaghan

I/C: J. Peatling, L. Ash, T. McMullin, L. Keeffe, I. Cumming
EMG: J. Riccardi, C. Stone, N. Haynes

IN: B. Daniels, L. Ash, I. Cumming
OUT: H. Thomas (Omitted), C. Brown (Omitted), N. Haynes (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Milestone - Lachie Ash

Lachie Ash will return this week to play his 100th AFL game in Saturday’s Qualifying Final against the Swans. Taken by the GIANTS with the number four pick in the 2019 AFL Draft, Ash has quickly established himself as an integral piece of the GIANTS’ future and one of the competition’s young stars. A former Vic Country co-captain, Ash had been trialed in several roles throughout his first three seasons but blossomed under new coach Adam Kingsley in a more permanent role in defence in 2023 to emerge as one of the AFL’s most lethal running defenders. The 23-year-old is an emerging leader at the club and earlier this year signed a two-year contract extension which will see him remain in the orange and charcoal until at least the end of the 2027 season.

finals-fixture-image-2024-fw1-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Why is this the Saturday afternoon game?.Surely the team that finishes 1st would want the longest rest going into the second week of finals.Also probably the best game so put it on in a timeslot which will get the most eyeballs.Melburnians will watch AFL no matter what time it's on but in a growing market in Sydney a night game is a no brainer.25 degrees and sunny in Sydney who is watching TV? AFl once again totally missed an opportunity to grow the game and has showed its bit of a mickey mouse competition

Why is this the Saturday afternoon game?.Surely the team that finishes 1st would want the longest rest going into the second week of finals.Also probably the best game so put it on in a timeslot which will get the most eyeballs.Melburnians will watch AFL no matter what time it's on but in a growing market in Sydney a night game is a no brainer.25 degrees and sunny in Sydney who is watching TV? AFl once again totally missed an opportunity to grow the game and has showed its bit of a mickey mouse competition
AFL has been Mickey Mouse for decades.

Haven’t beaten the Swans this season but finals is a whole new ball game.
Came here to say pretty much exactly this. We’ve had the wood over you the last 3 times we’ve met so I’m quietly optimistic. But everything changes in finals and you have a great record against us in those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to be written off despite finishing clearly first. GWS won't ever give up, respect their talent and their fight.

Confident we get it done , think with form
back , players back and our best footy has been the best by a fair way this year. Time to get it done, will win by 4 goals

pretty rare that a side goes into the finals series with their best 23-26 available for selection

top liners vs top liners - sydney have the better stars right now
bottom 6 vs bottom 6 - sydney are way ahead

swans by 30+

gws dont stand a chance against a fully fit and available squad

Don't quote me on it but i have heard in the past that both Sydney clubs usually request Saturday afternoon games for Derbys as they are reluctant to go head to head with rugby league on the prime time Friday/Saturday night slots.

They both usually request the 4:30pm timeslot too.

Tipping the Big Sound in an upset. Not convinced the Swans have the forwards.

We don't have big name tall forwards, we all agree on that. But this was also a criticism of Collingwood last year, in the end finals are games of attrition where the best defences meet each other.

We are number 1 in points for for the year. This is mostly due to our mids scoring more and our tall forwards more being role players than dynamic but to be honest our strength is our small/medium forwards and the mids who can pinch hit there.

On the flip side, if Hogan and or Greene has a quite day GWS could be in trouble

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 First Qualifying Final - Swans v GWS Sat Sept 7th 3:20pm EST (SCG) - Teams in OP

Back