Autopsy AFL 2024 First Semi Final - GWS V Lions Sat Sept 14th 7:30pm EST (Engie) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol stick to rugby then and local crash and bash afl leagues. No one wanted you imposters apart of the our league anyway and mergers only made you free loaders competitive anyway.

Need more handouts/ academy players / whole state zoned players etc etc to remain a winning team?? Lol you guys! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Carlton are as relevant as Essendon in finals post Y2K, pipe down

AFL smiling from ear to ear
NRL not so much as all their 4 games were pretty non eventful

Was thinking this earlier. Evening the commentators for the Storm game mentioned something about the only game in Melbourne this weekend etc.. found it odd, I never hear AFL commentators say a thing. Plus I follow both, heavily. Odd. Go Storm.

That minute of Brent Daniels absolute brain dead moments.
Canā€™t be a 12 point swing. Maybe 18 points.
Gives away a 50, that Brisbane goals from.
Then 1 minute later, plays on with a soccer attempt after a free is awarded 20m out to Hogan.

That wouldā€™ve been the game there. He was horrible

Lol stick to rugby then and local crash and bash afl leagues. No one wanted you imposters apart of the our league anyway and mergers only made you free loaders competitive anyway.

Need more handouts/ academy players / whole state zoned players etc etc to remain a winning team?? Lol you guys! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Why are you even bothering? Whatā€™s your point?

AFL smiling from ear to ear
NRL not so much as all their 4 games were pretty non eventful

North Queensland v Newcastle was a great game.

Melbourne v Cronulla had a good first half before storm took control on the scoreboard in the second.

Roosters made too many errors early on Friday night. Shot themselves in the foot.

Whatā€™s with the insecurity anyway?

Would the AFL be happy about empty seats in a small stadium for an against final again last night?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Queensland v Newcastle was a great game.

Melbourne v Cronulla had a good first half before storm took control on the scoreboard in the second.

Roosters made too many errors early on Friday night. Shot themselves in the foot.

Whatā€™s with the insecurity anyway?

Would the AFL be happy about empty seats in a small stadium for an against final again last night?

I mean, I 100% agree with your point and think it's useless either code being insecure and petty towards the other but those are some pretty generous summaries of the first 2 NRL finals. Really took until the Cowboys vs Knights final (running parallel to the GWS vs Brisbane game) to really start feeling like finals footy there.

Bulldogs vs Manly should be a good one though.

The players (and coach) are just as shattered and devastated as most of us here after the heartbreaking defeat last night. Hopefully, these close defeats will fuel the clubā€™s 2025 campaign - although Kingsley at his interview did say that he thought they had addressed the issues from the Sydney swans loss for this Brisbane match.

As a Geelong man was hoping for a Brisbane win - until they won like that. Bring that and their shooting boots from the start this is a toss of the coin. Those suggesting it wasnā€™t insufficient intent should take another look, seemed harsh from the first angle but you pay that every day of the week.

Letā€™s just ignore the throw from Idun leading to that.

ok.

The problem there is, umpires cannot be awarding free kicks to make up for ones they supposedly missed, that is bordering on corruption.

If an umpire misses something they miss something, yes it sucks but sometimes the umpire cannot see everything as there are other players in front of the play blocking their view.

If that decision was a square-up, then that umpire should be sacked from the AFL, it is just not good enough to have people officiating in that manner.

I did some junior umpiring in my school days and Ian Coates, who was our umpires advisor, always drilled into us to "pay the free kicks you see, not the ones you think you see". He was very open about it saying on many occassions, "it is impossible to see every infringement that happens in a match".

The free kick against Taylor was simply inconsistent with the way that shit rule is meant to work (yes, I am a staunch opponent of that rule and want it to be rescinded and never to be seen ever again). Compounding matters was the time of the match that the officiating umpire decided to pluck out that highly controversial decision from deep inside his rear orifice.

The players (and coach) are just as shattered and devastated as most of us here after the heartbreaking defeat last night. Hopefully, these close defeats will fuel the clubā€™s 2025 campaign - although Kingsley at his interview did say that he thought they had addressed the issues from the Sydney swans loss for this Brisbane match.

Many of us expected GWS to run away with the win after 3qtr time. Would you consider this a Kingsley coaching error in not adapting and changing tactics?

Our coach can be one dimensional with strategy so I get the disappointment when your team gets overrun by the opposition & the game plan doesnā€™t adapt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 First Semi Final - GWS V Lions Sat Sept 14th 7:30pm EST (Engie) Teams in OP

Back